ESB FPH2 paintup

robotzo

Hunter
So I’ve been working on this paint up for quite some time and never really posted any progress here, just mainly stuck to Instagram and Twitter.
Now I’ve decided to go ahead and start keeping up with progress here so I can stop bothering my friends with constant WIPs lol. I don’t want to spam this thread with too many pics so I’ll probably just post a few pics at a time just to get caught up. I’m using RafalFett’s invaluable templates, with humbrol enamels. I look forward to any feedback and critique! Also I’m not used to uploading images on forums so I hope I do this right lol.
athxbJ0.jpg

ABSVfDW.jpg

TKm0DiU.jpg

Bzg49Lv.jpg

Also I have three different kinds of light in my room so the colors and lighting will probably not be consistent in these images.

Thanks a lot guys! I’ve been working on it over the past 2-3 weeks and all these pics are a little old. Just didn’t want to post them all at once lol. Now that I’m caught up here, updates my be a little slower.

I really love how well detailed are the scratches, especially the small ones. You did justice to that helmet!
Thanks a lot! Im trying my hardest to capture as much of the small details as I can, and I don't know about justice lol. I still have a long way to go without messing it all up lol.

Still a good amount of fine details to clean up but thought I’d pst some wips. So ready to be done with this so i can move onto the back plates.
NIuWI39.jpg

VZS5Gzk.jpg

pasxW76.jpg

esGiPsd.jpg

Started working on the back panels yesterday. I’ve already laid the concrete and sprayed the green. I’m using Archive X 1975 Dark Green mixed with some black. I really like the color but I’m afraid that I might need another coat. I just don’t want to lose all the translucence and it’s a little deceptive in different lighting. Sometimes it looks solid and sometimes I can see straight through it.

NcG8brC.jpg

kT2HZRJ.jpg

What color do you have there on the main dome and cheeks? Looks like a really nice purple that I'd like to add to my paints!
It’s a mix of humbrol red 73 and humbrol blue 104. I start with a 1:1 ratio but it comes out a little more on the red side so I add bluE as necessary to get the color that I like

Alright did the extra coat of green and feel better about it. I also thinned some of the green mixed with black and added some splotches here and there to break it up a little, and add more depth so it doesn’t look so airbrushy lol. Peeled the mask off and I’m feeling pretty good about it.
bQu3pw5.jpg

MSZKZPB.jpg

zY6dm1W.jpg

Looking absolutely awesome. I've always wanted to try my hand at a paint up... seeing progress like this really is inspiring. Back panels are coming along!!

Looking absolutely awesome. I've always wanted to try my hand at a paint up... seeing progress like this really is inspiring. Back panels are coming along!!
Thanks a lot! It’s definitely a challenge lol. You should try it though, it’s stressful at times but when something comes out looking good, it feels great

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back