ESB Fett. The Only Fett.

Hmm. Im sure Nino would replace it.

To fix you could seal it with E6000 and E6000 a abs strip behind it.

I am sure Nino would too, I just didn't want to hassle him about it if it could be fixed.

I don't have any experience working with ABS though, and I don't want to have it painted just for the damage to get worse through wear despite a repair.

I am sure Nino would too, I just didn't want to hassle him about it if it could be fixed.

I don't have any experience working with ABS though, and I don't want to have it painted just for the damage to get worse through wear despite a repair.
Worth a shot to ask.

Another thought is you could make abs paste with acetone and fill it, e6000 a strip on the under side, and a thin layer of apoxie sculpt on the top

1. Cut a piece of Tshirt-fabric so that its larger than the damaged area.
2. Sand the inside of the armor and clean it so that its prepared for the glue.
3. Use CA-glue for gluing the crack and wait until its dry.
4. Now put some CA-glue on the area of the damage and press the pre cut Tshirt-fabric on it. After ist dry use as much CA-glue as needed to cover every part of the fabric.
5. Cut away fabric that is looking over the edge of the armor. The fabric is pretty hard now.

I hope I could describe it well with my english knowledge. Thats the way I repair my Stormtrooper armor cracks for years.

WF is kind enough to be sending a replacement for me, but these tips are still great to know in case I ever need to try and repair armor down the road.

Thank you Brokk and TK for sharing!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back