ESB Fett. The Only Fett.

Hey everyone.

After lurking on the site for a solid six months this past year, and doing a lot of research, I made the decision to take the plunge and start my own ESB build.

Granted, as I lack the practical skills, equipment, and work space to do my own painting, I've lined up some very talented community members to help me along the way. Tackling paint work is probably something I'd like to attempt to learn on my own in the future once it's feasible.

I started collecting parts in October, and I am creating this thread to help me document my collection process, and likely more to ask a lot of questions because I am sure I will be doing that.

I've pretty much settled on my shopping list, and as I have come to realize, when I want to enjoy a hobby, cost within reason is usually not a limiting factor. This is definitely not a budget build.

Bolded items are parts that I have acquired.

Bucket - Wasted Fett FPH2
Rangefinder Servo Kit - Jc27
Rangefinder Light Kit - Jc27
Hollow Rangefinder Stalk - Machinecraft Replicas
Rangefinder Topper - Terminal Fettler
Stainless Steel Borden - Machinecraft Replicas

Bucket Fans & Power Options - crumdum

Armor - Wasted Fett Hero Armor
Chest Display - Fettronics
Collar and Cod Studs - Machinecraft Replicas
Knee Darts - Machinecraft Replicas

Gauntlets - DVH - Assembled and painted by DVH
Flamethrower - Combatbaby
Copper Edition Gauntlet Rocket - Machinecraft Replicas
Gauntlet Darts - Machinecraft Replicas
Alco Switches
Real Casio MQ-1 Calculator Pad
Metal Glenross Dental Expander - Shapeways
Gauntlet Eveready Minilight Kit - crumdum

Jetpack - MoW - Assembled and painted by Fettastic (Ordered)
Jetpack Harness Kit - Bigdane
Vintage US Divers Buckle
Jet pack hooks clips and rings - Full Metal Fett
Jetpack Stabilizer - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Beacon - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Beacon Light Kit - Jc27
Jetpack Rocket Collar - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Exhaust Vent - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Thruster Side Greeblies - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Thruster Front Greeblies - Machinecraft Replicas
Jetpack Thruster Discs - Machinecraft Replicas

Cape - Woodman

Wookie Braids - Woodman

Flight Suit - Arkady

Flak Vest - Arkady

Neck Seal - Batninja

Gloves - Mike M.

Ammo Belt - Delta13Mike

Girth Belt - MoW

Shin Tools

Boots - MoW
Toe Spikes - Machinecraft Replicas

EE3 - Sidewinder ESB EFX
ASI Scope w/ tall feet rings
EE3 Sling - Jbdubz
Pulce 40 - Stormrider
Pulce 40 V2 Nemrod Holster - Stormrider

Hopefully within the next year I will have collected everything. I will update my thread with images and items that I have received as they come in.

Please feel free to provide feedback as my build progresses. I'm really looking forward to completing this build alongside all my fellow Fett-heads.

Thanks for looking!

Rob

Last edited:
damn dude... you are going all in on this :notworthy: that's a lot of things you have bought, will you paint or fix anything yourself or is everything already done ?

damn dude... you are going all in on this :notworthy: that's a lot of things you have bought, will you paint or fix anything yourself or is everything already done ?

I haven't purchased everything yet, it's just my overall shopping list. I will be putting the costume together as I acquire everything. I will look at learning painting down the road but won't be doing any painting with this build as of now. I have some items already but the main pieces like armor and helmet and metal pieces have yet to be purchased. I aim to finish paying for my commissions and purchase helmet and armor next.

Pretty darned close to mine, vendor-wise. I did davethebookie's brass cast Webley and it is pretty cool. It definitely feels right. I have a real Webley without a stock that I am building up now. It is a disease.

I had actually messaged davethebookie about getting an EE-3 awhile back when I started but never received any reply. I think I would like a cast Webley down the road at some point though. Maybe not to troop with, but a display piece.

Figured I would update my thread with the items I already have.

Woodman canvas cape I picked up from TehEl1te. Cut weathered matching RafalFett's template and darkened with what I might assume to be black paint and water while wet by Jbdubz. It looks great, but I might weather it a bit more.

15145124155101277373873.jpg

Shin Tools I picked up from Dent Eastwood. I believe the Survival Blade is a found part, but the Sonic Beam weapon is not. The Anti Security Blade has metal attachments that I believe are Machinecraft Replicas metal parts.

1514512715150524630096.jpg

Machinecraft Replicas toe spikes for MoW boots. I, like a lot of people, bought a pair of MoW boots on the current final run from Christian. I know I stated in my thread at the start that I would not be painting, but the boots slipped my mind. I will be painting and weathering my boots once they arrive.

15145130075521479401814.jpg

Mouser's alco switches and Machinecraft Gauntlet Darts. These will be going along with a metal Glenross Dental Expander from Shapeways to DVH soon as part of his MoW gauntlet build for me. Combat Baby is also making up an aluminum flamethrower to be sent to him as well.

1514513285459940952300.jpg

Fettronics display with RafalFett sequence. My favorite piece so far. I am nowhere close to having a full suit yet, but a simple push of a switch puts a smile on my face. Jon also worked and shipped very quickly.

15145136571451638089026.jpg

That's it in hand so far. Fettastic has a MoW jetpack I purchased that I am commissioning him to assemble and paint, along with DVH for MoW gauntlets, and Sidewinder for the EE-3.

I am very much looking forward to when I am able to get armor and bucket from Wasted Fett. That's my next major splurge before I size up for soft parts and put in for Stormrider gear.

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a good start !! Keep in mind, your longest lead time items will probably be your flight suit and flak vest. It usually takes around 3 months to get them.
She also makes the neck seals attached or unattached and pouches, if you're interested. She is the Best there is at making these pieces !!

I know that the girth belt should be worn on top of the cod piece, but does the ammo belt only rest on top of it?

I'm holding back on getting a girth belt until I have my armor so I can measure and account for it, but if I only have to measure my waist for the ammo belt, it would be good to know.

I know that the girth belt should be worn on top of the cod piece, but does the ammo belt only rest on top of it?

I'm holding back on getting a girth belt until I have my armor so I can measure and account for it, but if I only have to measure my waist for the ammo belt, it would be good to know.
In my setup, the ammo belt goes over top the top half of the girth belt. That being said, the ammo belt attaches with Velcro and therefore has a range of adjustability and the girth belt doesn't add much thickness. I ordered mine based on my normal waist and had no issue. Also, as for the girth belt, Woodman has been making them long enough so that I gave him my normal waist size and he knew how long of a one to send knowing to add some length for the armor. The straps on the girth belt also allow for a range of adjustability. I know some folks wait till after they had the armor to get the lengths, but I ordered based on my normal waist and had no issues. Maybe I got lucky? Anyhow, something to consider.

In my setup, the ammo belt goes over top the top half of the girth belt. That being said, the ammo belt attaches with Velcro and therefore has a range of adjustability and the girth belt doesn't add much thickness. I ordered mine based on my normal waist and had no issue. Also, as for the girth belt, Woodman has been making them long enough so that I gave him my normal waist size and he knew how long of a one to send knowing to add some length for the armor. The straps on the girth belt also allow for a range of adjustability. I know some folks wait till after they had the armor to get the lengths, but I ordered based on my normal waist and had no issues. Maybe I got lucky? Anyhow, something to consider.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Your collection is growing! A lot of your items are the same things I picked up when I started my build!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back