ESB Boba WIP - Sintra Armor, Painting, Scratch building

Well i sold the helmet and am waiting on WF to be ready so i can buy a fugly but in the mean time i have the knee’s ready for painting and the soft parts from Arkady arrived today and it’s so stunning that I’ve been almost staring at it all day! The cape from MOW also arrived last week.

here’s just the vest, i couldn’t help my self i started putting on snaps and got the collar and shoulders finished! I am so proud of this armor it’s been a dream for a long time and so amazing to see it finally start to come together after having only pieces of the suit ready for over a year.

89832A75-9DCA-4778-AE43-2CBC84312CD7.jpeg

E5B901B6-2397-47CA-8DF6-D524220A5162.jpeg

here are the knee’s from wasted ready to accept primer
D7494F41-9C87-42A9-9C07-A68D09693EBB.jpeg

i still have to weather all of the soft parts and the cape although the damage on the cape is done.
I got an ammo belt from my fiance for christmas and it should be shipping this week so i am getting so close to having everything! A bummer to not have a helmet to try with the softparts today but the fugly will be worth the wait I’m sure :)

Last edited:
Edging closer each day. Parts left to paint

1. Wrist rocket
2. Flamethrower
3. Black and white side piece on right gauntlet
4. Cod and kidney.
5. Jetpack but still considering wether to buy a kit or use the one i’m building

i finished painting the knee’s today i have to clear coat them and the gauntlets... I live in a country where 9 months of the year it’s impossible to paint outside because of the tempature so priming and clear coating is hell.

5A9D7A34-446A-41D2-A39B-255CADF3293D.jpeg
9393D3E9-655E-4E1D-AB41-5B8C276834F4.jpeg

E344EA79-3214-4920-A89F-566CC11DADF1.jpeg

does anyone know where to get a decent ESB EE-3 resin cast or resin print for a decent price? There are so few options for the ESB but i find millions of options for the ROTJ EE-3.

These armor plates are now finished :) ! Waiting on the only store here in Iceland that sells sintra to reopen after COVID so i can buy another plate to make the cod piece and shoulders.

Had a little mishap when i was clear coating which affected the finish a little bit but it's fine the armor is supposed to be dirty and beat up anyways.

View attachment 190449

View attachment 190447
View attachment 190448

MOW gloves and girth belt and the braids are from woodman! :)

Plan to order my soft parts from Krypton Top on Etsy a week from now.
Did you ever order from krypton top for soft parts?

Did you ever order from krypton top for soft parts?
I did, he then twice gave me a deadline he didn’t deliver on and the third time when i asked for a real timeline for the suit he just refunded me without asking me if i would like a refund so i wasted about 2 months waiting for him. Ordered from Arkady here on the dented helmet and couldn’t be happier

I did, he then twice gave me a deadline he didn’t deliver on and the third time when i asked for a real timeline for the suit he just refunded me without asking me if i would like a refund so i wasted about 2 months waiting for him. Ordered from Arkady here on the dented helmet and couldn’t be happier
Okay I was debating on who to order from. Looks like I will go with arkady

Thank you :) i got a silicon brush to use for the application of the liquid masking so that helps me to get finer details.

the back is now finished i just have to clear coat it! Got a shipping notification from MOW my gauntlets are on their way, soft parts will be shipped early july and most of my builds are nearing completion So maybe i will be able to suit up for the first time in a months time.

View attachment 192690
Did you make the back plate from sintra?? I’m using this thread for reference for mine cuz it looks so damn good and I’m also using sintra. Also how did you create the damage pits/holes on your torso pieces with the sintra?

Did you make the back plate from sintra?? I’m using this thread for reference for mine cuz it looks so damn good and I’m also using sintra. Also how did you create the damage pits/holes on your torso pieces with the sintra?
Thank you :) Yes all armor plating was made from sintra but i did not make the knee's and gauntlets i bought that separate. The back was by far the most difficult and all the damaged indents were made by heating the plastic up and i have a pencil that has a curvature on the back so i used that to force the material in to the shape of the dents.

Thank you :) Yes all armor plating was made from sintra but i did not make the knee's and gauntlets i bought that separate. The back was by far the most difficult and all the damaged indents were made by heating the plastic up and i have a pencil that has a curvature on the back so i used that to force the material in to the shape of the dents.
That’s insane. Looks just like the movie in my opinion. What did you use for the paint color?

That’s insane. Looks just like the movie in my opinion. What did you use for the paint color?
Thanks i appreciate it ! I used an acrylic brand called Deka, probably german i think. And their olive green if i remembered correctly mixed with some black and white, then a matte clear coat. You can use any acrylics or enamels just mix by eye and try to get the color you are looking for. Note the acrylics though are considerably lighter in color when wet and get darker when they dry so i had to remix a couple of times to get the color i was looking for.

Never used enamels it might be the same case but just something to have in mind when mixing :) it’s like a shade or two lighter before drying. The knee’s and shoulders were just a standard yellow mixed with red and for the darker shoulder and knee’s more red and a bit of brown.

Last edited:
After many many months of strange unexplainable health issue that cost me 15kg and almost my sanity I’m getting back in to the groove and have finished the cod piece, gauntlets and recieved my Fugly from wasted, rangefinder lighting kit from JC and bordenV3 and hollow rangefinder from MCR. So that’s where i stand atm!

5D4B0802-F3AB-489F-B9D3-8678A97548C1.jpeg

2836DCD7-E740-4B15-B76B-5C367FB31B07.jpeg

DCA6125F-B81B-4139-98D5-F9A2717AA15E.jpeg

BB32755C-812B-4A2F-9762-8486847A9ABA.jpeg

I started painting the ears as soon as i finished all the work on the helmet (trimming, sanding, installing bolts in the ears etc) but not long after that i decided to order the ESB acrylic set from Archive-X so I’m waiting for those to arrive so i can start painting this baby :)

Last edited:
Dude you are crushing this build! Makes me want to start making my own armor from the 8ft section of Sinatra I have.. . . .hmmm Boba Fresh has been in the back of my head and his "new" old armor looks to be made of Sinatra or expanded pvc sheet. . . .

Dude you are crushing this build! Makes me want to start making my own armor from the 8ft section of Sinatra I have.. . . .hmmm Boba Fresh has been in the back of my head and his "new" old armor looks to be made of Sinatra or expanded pvc sheet. . . .
Thanks dude! Appreciate it :D and yeah go for it! Such a fun project.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back