ESB Boba WIP - Sintra Armor, Painting, Scratch building


Eythor20

Hunter
Ha! Thats pretty resourceful! Not being familiar with Sintra, how durable is it?

(y)

-Iron
Pretty durable I’d say but it does scratch/dent really easily. Though after paint and clear coat i find it’s a bit more durable. It’s not going to be able to hold the safety harness though so I’ll have to re-enforce it with epoxy or use clips hidden in the buckle.
 

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
Pretty durable I’d say but it does scratch/dent really easily. Though after paint and clear coat i find it’s a bit more durable. It’s not going to be able to hold the safety harness though so I’ll have to re-enforce it with epoxy or use clips hidden in the buckle.
Ah! Gotcha! So you wouldn't trust your life to it? Got it!
1625245670747.png


For that matter, I'm not sure I'd even trust my life to a Stainless Steel one either. Hahaha!
1625245716870.png


-Iron
 

Eythor20

Hunter
Decided to just do this quick and easy and use my standard silver. It’s such a small detail that it doesn’t need to be perfect…. Atleast for now!

definitely not a very faithful recreation, but a recreation non the less :D It looks the part from a few feet away.

let’s just say this is the buckle the day that a 5 year old was put in charge of the engraving.

E438AAC0-B587-4151-8C0C-4A3DB6405E57.jpeg
 

Eythor20

Hunter
Not bad , actually pretty amazing that being made of Sintra! How long did that take, to get it to look the part?
I’d say all in all probably around 1 hour work time. Bit of waiting though inbetween, used epoxy putty to strengthen it gotta wait for that to dry like 5 mins, then sanding and priming and painting :)
it’s surprisingly sturdy after the epoxy putty! Probably usable as a buckle.

if you’re considering doing it yourself I’d be glad to share more with you. Just shoot me a dm if you want.
 

Eythor20

Hunter
Tbh this is such a simple part that I’m considering just getting the templates lazer cut then bending them and making a metal one at some point.
 

Got2bfett

Active Hunter
I’d say all in all probably around 1 hour work time. Bit of waiting though inbetween, used epoxy putty to strengthen it gotta wait for that to dry like 5 mins, then sanding and priming and painting :)
it’s surprisingly sturdy after the epoxy putty! Probably usable as a buckle.

if you’re considering doing it yourself I’d be glad to share more with you. Just shoot me a dm if you want.
Well I’m actually doing a custom Mando and have a belt with a metal buckle. So I was just admiring your work on your build. You’ve been pretty resourceful especially battling those shipping costs. Some if them make my head hurt, keep up the good work.
 

Eythor20

Hunter
Well I’m actually doing a custom Mando and have a belt with a metal buckle. So I was just admiring your work on your build. You’ve been pretty resourceful especially battling those shipping costs. Some if them make my head hurt, keep up the good work.
Thank you very much! Yeah the shipping is a pain
 

Eythor20

Hunter
Got loads done and getting very close to the weathering stages…. I have to work on that right ear more, some bondo and stuff because the MCR stalk seems to be to thick for this casting.


DECCB171-5717-4DD5-9062-C3292F87A975.jpeg

EE5B0271-EED7-4101-93E3-6F7F117C8564.jpeg

4E1848DC-3C6A-43C0-B900-E92BC527A7F8.jpeg

37D18C3D-E0B1-482B-ACB7-886040BDD19E.jpeg

with each brush stroke it’s getting harder and harder to maintain the finish that I’m aiming for so I’m not 100% happy with it but it’s at least much better then my last attempt. The green especially is not very coopperative.

and here’s a pic of everything so far!

04BC55BF-3F7A-4D4D-98DA-7AAF560456B4.jpeg


note : i don’t have the accurate sized webbing for the buckle so this is just a placeholder just to see how it looks
 
Last edited:

Eythor20

Hunter
Blaster is sanded, primed and partially painted! Also got my holster print in and started working on assembling and filling the seams.

043E6E70-9016-4125-81A5-70A717B47F64.jpeg

1C9CF7B3-7B9C-4FD6-A3A5-E776BE1386E7.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Eythor20

Hunter
The pulce 40 is finished… minus the trigger, trying to figure out if i can use springs to keep it tought.
What an amazing file and print though, no filling just minimum sanding required.

to those who have not built their fett yet, the Pulce 40 is friggin huge :lol: like probably twice as big as i originally thought.

81A61A66-791C-4F48-AC54-32CED64052D4.jpeg

40B26162-F264-4AB0-B60A-FA5BB4A933D4.jpeg

02F1C57C-462C-49F2-A682-FF9970BFFECE.jpeg

B2D0A150-42A7-4550-BE05-3A9F388F8E71.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Eythor20

Hunter
Got the trigger in. Trying to find a way to get the trigger pullable and then going back in to place was a bit of a hassle. I thought about using springs and although good it was just to hard getting them fitted. I ended up putting slivers of EVA foam behind the trigger and that does the trick for now. At some point i do want to fit it with electronics and make the trigger actually functional with lights and sounds. Probably going to strip the electronics out of a toy lazer gun.

F1606395-2AEA-4055-8C00-A04C404BA10B.jpeg
 
Top