ESB Boba WIP - Sintra Armor, Painting, Scratch building

After about 6 hours of sanding (thankfully no filling needed) the gauntlets are finally ready to accept primer! But first sleep....

these shapes are a real pain in the *** to sand.

96A7478A-F2DC-4258-B276-9E80486FC70F.jpeg

D3AC0AF5-50D8-4C06-99F1-515A13D54A83.jpeg

Some progress, slight, but still progress!

i got my package from imperial boots and i love it! So good.

Painted and weathered the shoes

4E9BC509-A6A2-4DE5-87CB-6CA6D9F91138.jpeg

I also got the Alu-Pack for 79$ what a steal! Knee darts, both the jet pack beacon and the other piece, range finder, gauntlet darts and 6 studs!

9CEA77F9-5643-4666-80F5-A4C43C0C9CEE.jpeg

A62BDDE1-1918-41A0-99B3-292661F18C52.jpeg

and i put the gauntlets together, hinge and magnets.

17725C8A-327B-493C-82C7-2815BC085008.jpeg

I need toe spikes but basically the only one offering them is Machinecraftreplicas for 70$, considering i got the Alu-Pack for 79$ i think that is a little overprised. The shipping will also probably be 50$ over-seas like everything else plus 24% taxes getting the item out of the post so that adds up to around 140$..... 140$ for just the toe spikes is a tough pill to swallow.

Is there anyone selling aluminum spikes for cheaper?

Last edited:
cheaper boot spikes

thanks :) I’ve seen that one and definitely a more fair price, unfortunantly he doesn’t ship to Iceland! I think it has something to do with the outrageus price the canadian post charges for international shipping.

Eythor20 - Totally feel bad on your MoW Gauntlets, looks like you got them in good order though. That sucks that he wasn't willing to offer some kind of discount on that condition. For me.....I woulda had buyers remorse, BIG time!

Concerning your Toe Spikes. They are from Imperial Boots yeah? I got a set of them last year (Black Friday Deal) and mine came with the Toe Spikes. I'd reach out to Imperial Boots to see if they we're meant to be included. If not, I know there are some really good ones around, Machine Craft as you know make really premium stuff, and a bit spendy. I've had REALLY good luck with QDC (QuestDesignCanda's) stuff. He's ("Brett" is his name) incredibly helpful and usually responds hella fast to questions about his products. I know he has a set too going for $59.00 (Before S&H)

QDC - Toe Spikes.jpg

Here's the link:

I've purchased a multitude of things from him and have been very happy with his products and responses.

Thanks,
-Iron

Eythor20 - Totally feel bad on your MoW Gauntlets, looks like you got them in good order though. That sucks that he wasn't willing to offer some kind of discount on that condition. For me.....I woulda had buyers remorse, BIG time!

Concerning your Toe Spikes. They are from Imperial Boots yeah? I got a set of them last year (Black Friday Deal) and mine came with the Toe Spikes. I'd reach out to Imperial Boots to see if they we're meant to be included. If not, I know there are some really good ones around, Machine Craft as you know make really premium stuff, and a bit spendy. I've had REALLY good luck with QDC (QuestDesignCanda's) stuff. He's ("Brett" is his name) incredibly helpful and usually responds hella fast to questions about his products. I know he has a set too going for $59.00 (Before S&H)

View attachment 194794

Here's the link:

I've purchased a multitude of things from him and have been very happy with his products and responses.

Thanks,
-Iron

Thanks man, that seller doesn't offer shipping to Iceland though and i couldn't see toe spikes on IB's site when i ordered, guess they weren't available :( I will probably just end up with ordering from MCR

Man of Wars molds are old and basically deteriorated. That's why the quality is like that. My jetpack said it needed light sanding and buffing. When I got it, it was like I got a piece of a asteroid lol. It had so many craters. I sent it back. Still waiting on my replacement. Should be soon.

Dark-Side is no longer making metal parts? He's from Italy.
I have to check him out! Haven't heard of him before.

Man of Wars molds are old and basically deteriorated. That's why the quality is like that. My jetpack said it needed light sanding and buffing. When I got it, it was like I got a piece of a asteroid lol. It had so many craters. I sent it back. Still waiting on my replacement. Should be soon.

Sucks with your jetpack, yeah that's what he told me in the email, just super strange not to specify that on the website for the buyers of the castings from the deteriorated molds. He has the gauntlets on sale but doesn't mention anywhere that the castings are going to be terrible, to the point that they are unsalvageable in some cases for example the casio cast, not one of the numbers below the buttons are visible, and no matter what i do that is not fixable.

He should have done one of two things

A. Close down orders on the JP and gauntlets for a month and remold the jetpack and the gauntlets (totally doable in a month) causing no one to leave with a bad taste in their mouth after ordering from him.
B. Put them on sale with highlighted red letters (Molds are deteriorating, castings will require lots of finishing. New molds will arrive in ????)

I even told him twice in two separate emails that the right thing to do for future buyers from these molds would be to put this information on the website, he has not done that. But he is in the process of remolding.

If he would have taken 10 seconds out of his time to put this info online i wouldn't have any problems with the gauntlets since i would have known what i was buying before hand.

This just hurts his reputation selling items in these conditions without letting the buyer know before hand that this would be the case.

Also almost everything on the website is out of stock and has been for like 6 months.. That can't be good for business, how hard is it to restock items? And if he doesn't plan on restocking he should just remove the items from the site.

Last edited:
Just gauging interest, would anyone be interested in taking this off my hands for 550$ + shipping? I still have to clear coat and weather it. Fiberglass, aluminum stalk and borden. Resin cast ears and a mercury switch lighting kit for the RF.

E92D18C0-42C1-4551-82E8-BFD0E6C17E38.jpeg

2D02E65C-4645-497A-BBC7-7535A2FFF3FB.jpeg

C74195AD-2094-46A3-AFC0-9116178FA8DF.jpeg

Hey Eythor! How did you end up filling the small bubbles in your mow gauntlets? I have the same problem with mine and was planning to either bondo/sand them of filler primer and sand.

Hey Eythor! How did you end up filling the small bubbles in your mow gauntlets? I have the same problem with mine and was planning to either bondo/sand them of filler primer and sand.

In the end sanding it was enough! The material sands very nicely and the bubbles for the most part disappeared after that. If there are bigger bubbles i would use bondo!

Been taking a long break from boba while I’m waiting for my flightsuit from Arkady :) I’ll probably start again in december and finish my last armor pieces (Cod, Kidney and Knee’s) so I’ll be posting more updates. But meanwhile I’ve been working on something very special none boba related, hopefully it’s okay to share here!

just finished my SpideyPlanet kit. dream suit for the last 18 years.

3D4BAD72-A6C0-44ED-9633-4157AE664703.jpeg

4CFA2678-6324-402F-9906-9ACC6564B3DC.jpeg

62072708-8859-4202-B7B5-A97EA59870DC.jpeg

17218A23-0911-4778-B717-5CCB8B78378E.jpeg

8388D23E-3BEE-4669-B117-914AC51F9A0D.jpeg

1B7FA525-B812-41C7-AF84-10C52D114672.jpeg

Last edited:
These armor plates are now finished :) ! Waiting on the only store here in Iceland that sells sintra to reopen after COVID so i can buy another plate to make the cod piece and shoulders.

Had a little mishap when i was clear coating which affected the finish a little bit but it's fine the armor is supposed to be dirty and beat up anyways.

View attachment 190449

View attachment 190447
View attachment 190448

MOW gloves and girth belt and the braids are from woodman! :)

Plan to order my soft parts from Krypton Top on Etsy a week from now.
Where did you order the material for the armor??

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back