Droidbait's Jango Build

Thanks guys! Appreciate it, I was trying to take pics with the armor on. But the leather vest doesn't like tape at all. Nothing sticks to it.

On the armor that was missing the aluminum in the cast to polish, did you remember what Jawatrooper did with his 3d pieces with the acetone and aluminum powder? That might be a good alternative to restoring the surface to polish out!!

On the armor that was missing the aluminum in the cast to polish, did you remember what Jawatrooper did with his 3d pieces with the acetone and aluminum powder? That might be a good alternative to restoring the surface to polish out!!
Luckily some of the spots are so bad. So I used rub and buff to fill in where there wasnt any cold cast. Matched it to the rest. Then used the MAAS metal shine liquid and buffed it with a micro fiber rag. I think it looks good now and passable. :) thanks to Captain Tarpals for this info. The liquid worked amazing and definitely recommend for that shine.

My modded Jango boots. Crow upper and real Kenneth Cole soles size 9.

IMG_20200804_181255_427.jpg
IMG_20200804_181255_428.jpg
IMG_20200804_181255_481.jpg
20200804_175400.jpg

Gio did a hell of a job on those. Looks great.
He actually didnt do as I asked. He painted them with spray paint and got paint all over them. Had to strip off the paint and fix what he did. Tried to not get acetone on the boot itself as it would damage the leather. Other than that yes he did do a good job. I just need to darken the fabric some more. Had to let it dry and see where it's at.
20200804_151257.jpg
20200804_152547.jpg
20200804_151302.jpg

This is compared to his repo soles. His soles feel cheap and wont last long. That's why I bought two pairs. If anyone needs a size 9US let me know. Selling those.
20200804_175707.jpg
20200804_175652.jpg
20200804_175626.jpg
20200804_175726.jpg

Lol I was just going to ask if he left the painting to you, like you asked!
So mad lol. The stuff he used didnt even cure. And made the boots stink so bad. When I touched the silver it got all over my finger. That's how it got on the boots.

He actually didnt do as I asked. He painted them with spray paint and got paint all over them. Had to strip off the paint and fix what he did. Tried to not get acetone on the boot itself as it would damage the leather. Other than that yes he did do a good job. I just need to darken the fabric some more. Had to let it dry and see where it's at.
View attachment 195795View attachment 195796View attachment 195797
That sucks you had to put in the extra work and had a mess to deal with. Other than that, they do look pretty nice.

Ive had my Crow boots for 2+ years now and they are still going strong. Not sure why you would say they won't last long. Up until COVID hit i was trooping at least 1 time per month at a minimum.

I am quite jealous of your real KC's though. Holy grail for any Jango costumer.

Ive had my Crow boots for 2+ years now and they are still going strong. Not sure why you would say they won't last long. Up until COVID hit i was trooping at least 1 time per month at a minimum.

I am quite jealous of your real KC's though. Holy grail for any Jango costumer.
I heard mix things that's why I bought two pairs. I personally think the sole is to be desired. Mine had a bunch of air bubbles on my sole. I also have KC soles size 11 for sale.

One of these posts again. Lmao
Here is what I have. Missing two pairs because I forgot what box I put them in.

20200805_160307.jpg
20200805_160333.jpg

Also painted the boots some more. Natural outdoor lighting and indoor. These boots are really wide for my feet. I have to make some support. Hopefully my insoles that I ordered add some.

20200805_162640.jpg
20200805_162842.jpg

jangofett3.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back