DID I GET SCREWED?!

Nah, not disappointed. Actually good service... it would just have been a better service if he had sold a better helmet instead of something that looked like it had been run over.

Well it's been months, has the Seller come through with your Promised Refund?

If not, please do everyone a Favor, mention his name here as a Warning to others, and save them from the hassle you went through!

Well, here's how it all went down. In short, no, that SOB didn't gieve me my money back nor did he EVER send me the parts he owes me. What happened is he initially agreed to do a return. So that was all fine and dandy. But we didn't really work out all the details concerning shipping. We just confirmed that he was willing to refund me. Well, a week later, I get really sick, and I am out of commission for a week. I didn'e send the helmet yet (because we didn't work the details out about shipping and all). So I email the guy asking about the details. I get no response. 2 days later, I mail him again. Still, absolutely no response. And then after trying maybe 3 more time, and still getting no response. I tell him I'll keep his crummy helmet, but I want the stuff that was promised to come with it in the auction (it was supposed to come with earcaps, a hollow RF, a RF stalk, and a refrence CD. I got none of it. And evrey month or so, I email him asking when is he going to send the parts, but he of course never responds.

So for those who didn't feel like reading all of that, here is what you need to know; he screwed me, and will probably continue to screw more of you. He will probably try to screw ALL of you. His name on ebay is amiadfilter.

Here is the EXACT auction I won. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7559575842&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

Once again I probably just got lucky. I bought one of this guy's helmets too. Mine wasn't in as near as bad shape as cookie's and I got all of the parts.

Be that as it may, although the paint job I have put on this thing makes it look like an MS helmet, the clean up job has been nuts for a helmet that shouldn't have taken the effort it has to make wearable.

I'm hoping to be able to finish mine and then sell it in ready to go wearable condition and also get an MS helmet. My real problem is this thing is too big for my head.

Was this your feedback to him?

Helmet not quite as clean as advertised, Nov-14-05 22:02
but decent piece overall.

Of so, why not Name him here since someone already mentioned that he's a member here? He should be held accountable since he can't keep a simple promise!

If you don't feel like "Outing" him, then I suggest that you contact someone from the Dented Helmet like Mirax H (Admin Staff) and explain what transpired and who it really is, then let Staff deal with him.

cookiemongoloid said:
I did use paypal, but this was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

You can get the extra pieces from MS for that, and I'll still help you fix it if you want. All hope is not lost, with some effort that actually can be made into a pretty darn good bucket.

BEWARE trying to get free stuff, after we agreed they then left us negative :(

Reply by amiadfilter: Wrong. Tried to resolve, seller changed story multiple times, slow to respond.

I'm guessing that was your rating

Junst an FYI that exact one was on my watch list and I was kinda bummed when I saw that the auction was ended early with buy it now, now I am SO glad that I didn't

judz dwedd said:
How can someone live with themselves, KNOWING they're selling highly missrepresented, seriously sub-standard items, for soo much money? :angry If it looks that bad on the outside, I hate to see what the lamination looks like.

I'm not sure the mods could put up a "black list" sticky, without reprecussions of some sort, but it may be helpfull in avoiding these types of dissapointments.

Agreed, noone who has any pride in there work sends a bondo'ed up sloppy mold such as that. Looks like another Marrow dupe at that. do yourself a favor and try real hard to get your money back, if not take a hard pill and get another helmet, I know it sucks but it happens. I have payed 400 for a jet pack I never got and eBay didnt even care.

Besides even if you fix it up you will always know everytime you put it on that a thief made things you are wearing, I just couldnt do it.

Marrow Sun, is that Helmet a recast of one of yours?

cal196 said:
Agreed, noone who has any pride in there work sends a bondo'ed up sloppy mold such as that. Looks like another Marrow dupe at that. do yourself a favor and try real hard to get your money back, if not take a hard pill and get another helmet, I know it sucks but it happens. I have payed 400 for a jet pack I never got and eBay didnt even care.

Besides even if you fix it up you will always know everytime you put it on that a thief made things you are wearing, I just couldnt do it.

Just looks like an MS1 is all. same mandible cut and everything, could be its not. I dont have as sharp of an eye as some people for these things though.

propsculptor said:

Satxer said:
Quote:
BEWARE trying to get free stuff, after we agreed they then left us negative

Reply by amiadfilter: Wrong. Tried to resolve, seller changed story multiple times, slow to respond.

I'm guessing that was your rating

No, niether of them were my ratings or responses. I unfortunately gave him the benefit of the doubt, I waited for him to send the parts that the owed me (that never came). And unfortunately, ebay's policy, is that after a month without giving the other party a rating, it won't let you do it anymore. I waited a month, and one day, "My ebay" did not give the option of leaving any kind of feedback...as if the auction suddenly dissapeared. Weird aint it?

propsculptor said:

Of so, why not Name him here since someone already mentioned that he's a member here? He should be held accountable since he can't keep a simple promise!

If you don't feel like "Outing" him, then I suggest that you contact someone from the Dented Helmet like Mirax H (Admin Staff) and explain what transpired and who it really is, then let Staff deal with him.

I don't mind outing him. His name is Geoff Higgins, and his ebay user account is amiadfilter. Never buy from him. Here's what the auction looked like. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7559575842&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

Woah is that bad!
I’m so sorry to see that!
Some people really aught to be ashamed with the crap they try to sell!
:(
I really hope it all works out for you.

If you cant get your money back, you can fix it - it will just take a lot of work.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back