Frogfreak

Hunter
Hey guys. Been a while since i've been on here. but i'm about to start on a new project that i think you guys will like. i just recently Bought a 3d printer, and i've been working on a custom Boba Fett helmet. (Extremely loosely based from Rafalfett's Boba fett 3d model, not much remains of the original model however, but thank you raf!) so, while it's not printed yet, i have some teasers.

Overlayed over a scan of an original helmet (image released by Hasbro):
Overlay.png

And my model next to Said scan Pic:
Compareboba.png

Dramatically lit pictures:
Litboba.png
Litboba2.png
Litboba3.png
Litboba4.png
Litboba5.png
Litboba6.png
Litboba7.png
Litboba8.png

And one more realistically lit picture:
Fett.png

That depends on when i get a new part for my printer. after i assembled it, i had to find out the hard way. the power supply wasn't working. so i have to try to send in that part for a return.

but as soon as that's done, i'll do it! Glad someone's showing interest!

That depends on when i get a new part for my printer. after i assembled it, i had to find out the hard way. the power supply wasn't working. so i have to try to send in that part for a return.

but as soon as that's done, i'll do it! Glad someone's showing interest!
Will the rangefinder be able to accept light kits and servo? I had my helmet 3D printed as well but am running into that issue now that my helmet is almost completely painted

If you want to use a servo and light kit I would highly suggest a metal stalk.
I'm definitely going that route I'm just having trouble locating all three that will work together. I'd be building it from 3 different vendors most likely. That's the only part of my helmet that I need to sort out. I've searched the forums but can't seem to find the answers needed to move forward. Any recommendations are very much appreciated!

Yeah, Just do as BudaFett, says. it's best if you want that stuff done.

So. in other news. i actually manage to repair my printer's power supply. so, i may start printing tonight!
Are you building your 3D models around a particular metal stalk or topper? Or would you be printing the topper as well? I'm definitely looking to build an approvable rangefinder. Put way too much time in so far to skimp on this area ha. I've been off an on for a little over a year.

Are you building your 3D models around a particular metal stalk or topper? Or would you be printing the topper as well? I'm definitely looking to build an approvable rangefinder. Put way too much time in so far to skimp on this area ha. I've been off an on for a little over a year.
Yeah, i'm also gonna print the topper. not particularly building around a specific stalk. either i can cut. or add anything. so i'm not worried. I'm also looking to find a stalk, lights and server. without being too pricey, no luck so far.

I have the right ear 3d printed but the model used "Chris' " files, wont work with a light kit to my knowledge. Especually since the stalk is 3d printed. And I'm not sure the metal stalks out there will work either because the design of the ear. Which is why I'm thinking I need an ear design that's 3d printed that will work with a metal stalk, servo, and light kit. If you're putting something together like that I'm 100% interested!

Yeah, i'm also gonna print the topper. not particularly building around a specific stalk. either i can cut. or add anything. so i'm not worried. I'm also looking to find a stalk, lights and server. without being too pricey, no luck so far.
I will keep an eye out. If I can find some good info I will let you know. Definitely interested in building a kit that will pass. Looks like we have our work cut out. Whenever your designs are done I'd be interested in checking them out and possibly buying your setup.

The model looks great, but the back of the helmet is wrong. The whole keyhole area is pushed upward and the back of the dome is pushed down. At the front the right side of the brow is wonky, while the dent looks wrong with that flat center:
Right Side.png
Dent.png

I'm not bashing what you did here, just offer some constructive criticism.

I really love how good it looks with the texture made from the stencils. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
The model looks great, but the back of the helmet is wrong. The whole keyhole area is pushed upward and the back of the dome is pushed down. At the front the right side of the brow is wonky, while the dent looks wrong with that flat center:
View attachment 219821 View attachment 219822

I'm not bashing what you did here, just offer some constructive criticism.

I really love how good it looks with the texture made from the stencils. Keep up the good work!
Gotcha. i'll bring the back of the keyslot upper part thing, down. and i'll raise the back for the dome up a bit, i think i got the brow pretty right. as it's supposed to be wonky like that. i'll get rid of the flat part of the dent and reshape a bit.

Glad you recognized the use of paint stencils!! i forgot to mention that in the original post.

Thanks Raf!!!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back