Just got my box too, and I agree 100%. Just wow! I'm sure I do have a dumb question about the whipcord part, and mounting Dark-Side aluminum parts to it. The one resin version that is still on it looks good, but isn't going to match the aluminum version when I put it on. I feel like a criminal even thinking about cutting it off...
If anyone wants to post how they drilled in and what they used inside to mount it to the gauntlet, I'd love to hear. Horror stories welcome too!
Ok, I figured it out after rereading your post and thinking about it.
Actually, anyone who wants to upgrade to Dark-Side's hose nozzles used on the whipcord housing, can just "ring" the resin hose fitting right at the bottom. I'd use a utility knife blade. Then crimp off the resin with a pair of pliers, exposing the armature.
Got my set today. They are definately masterpieces. I got the pieces trimmed and have glued one side of the hinges. I should have them ready to RnB in the next couple days if I get a good working on it on Sunday.
Here is where I am at right now with these awesome gauntlets!
Assembled except for the hoses on the right gaunt. Waiting for the darts to dry in place first. Getting close to complete. All RnB'd Hinges assembled. At this point I just need to get the saber darts and the spike. I am loving them!
Small update: The weekend was just way too busy with family to get any work done. But I did make some new pulls before, so today I'll be trimming those up and preparing the rest of the orders for shipping.
Ok, I'm getting there. The first post has been updated with more shipping updates. Each package has been shipped via USPS Priority mail insured with delivery "confrontation", so a signature will be required for delivery.
No, not really. I spent a good 10 hours yesterday making two new holster molds (4 total)...so that I could get the holsters out asap to the people who are waiting for both gauntlets and holsters from me. So now today I'll put in enough leather for two sets of holsters, and chalk up the rest of the day to setting hinges. The hinge work is now the priority since the gauntlet kits have all been shipped. But there's a catch, I only have enough hinge for 3 sets....so I'm coordinating with Dark-Side to send me more asap.
I'm hitting the gauntlet work hard this weekend since last weekend I didn't have time for any work due to the fact I was playing Jedi at a birthday party most of last Saturday and had too many family committments that Sunday.:facepalm
Tonight I'll be finishing the first two pairs of gauntlets that needed to be hinged. For those members who asked me to hinge their gauntlets, I also decided to finish trim your shells, spot fill any larger air bubble holes in the gelcoat, sand, and apply a coat of primer.
I have about 3-4 sets of shells left that I have decided are too rough to ship because they were damaged or just plain "beat up" as they were sitting around. So, since I'm waiting on more hinge anyway, I'll be making new/fresh shells this weekend for anyone who is still waiting for their gauntlets.
Tonight I'll post some pics of the gauntlets I am currently working on since I haven't been able to create a tutorial thread.