Collar Armor Issues

alexeratops

New Hunter
Hi, this is my first time making any cosplay and I'm having a lot of fun. However, I'm coming into a roadblock - the 3D printed collar armor I ordered from etsy, despite my sizing, doesn't quite fit my neck/shoulder area. It would be better suited for someone with a more flat/boxy torso, meaning that the sides of the collar stick up and out a little more than I'd like. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it possible to modify a 3D print after the fact?

My other idea was that I could just attempt to get a foam template for the neck piece and cut and paint one myself- I just worry about this since I've never done anything similar before. Thanks in advance for your ideas and wisdom.

Hi, this is my first time making any cosplay and I'm having a lot of fun. However, I'm coming into a roadblock - the 3D printed collar armor I ordered from etsy, despite my sizing, doesn't quite fit my neck/shoulder area. It would be better suited for someone with a more flat/boxy torso, meaning that the sides of the collar stick up and out a little more than I'd like. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it possible to modify a 3D print after the fact?

My other idea was that I could just attempt to get a foam template for the neck piece and cut and paint one myself- I just worry about this since I've never done anything similar before. Thanks in advance for your ideas and wisdom.
I'm not sure buddy but you've come to the right place. If anyone can help you they will most probably be on this forum. Mines pla and i don't wear it, it just stands on a mannequin so I'm no use to you im afraid. Good luck tho.

There are a lot of designers/makers of 3D files. Some are good, some are just not that good or accurate; some are more curved and some are just flat.
The most important part here is that the top edges match the edges of the back armor, the same width on both. The BoBF neck and back armor don't join together as the OT or Mandalorian Boba, and YES, you could scale it up/down when you're about to print, just make sure it matches your own measurement from either left or right edge of shoulder/chest meet area to the other side.
And I have a secret to share: I bought my jetpack and back armor combo from Etsy, and I had to decide which neck armor out of three different makers matches better with my setup. My whole armor 3D printed set is a combination of two of those different designers, it's just a thing about looking right and accurate as much as possible.

Hi Alex,

To this day, I haven't found a good 3D file or print that provides a smooth and anatomically accurate fit between the collar and the back plate. Either the collar has wide shoulder straps that don't match the width of the back armor, or they are in a straight horizontal position that doesn't follow the anatomical slope of a person's shoulders. My approach involves customizing the straps, adding whatever needed of plastic for them to align in width, both the collar and back armor straps to meet and match cohesively, and bending them to fit the contour of my shoulders.

1.jpg
2.jpg

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back