Build your own form

Dreadnought

Jr Hunter
Hi everyone. I thought I'd share this link I stumbled upon, thought it might be handy, particularly for those new to this hobby like myself who may be looking at doing a bit of sewing for their costume. A shop bought dressmakers form is not cheap - one of my local fabric stores currently have them on special for $150 Australian (about $120 US) but they are usually almost double that. This link shows you how to make an inexpensive one yourself. And not only is it cheap to make, it is a dress form perfectly fitted to your size / measurements, male or female, no adjustment to the form required because you are the model for the form! I'd be interested to hear if anyone gives it a go.

Yeah, I thought it was clever - I'd not seen it before but then I haven't been making costumes before either! My wife liked it. She's a sewer and she hadn't seen it before either. I'm thinking of giving it a go myself.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back