SLAVE 1, 1/6 SCALE BUILD

GEEK1138

New Hunter
You sure thats not 1/4 scale? Looks HUGE!
Definitely 1/6. It's a bigger ship than u think

Anyway...the painting has begun. It's gonna be emotional, that's for sure. With the exception of maybe Boba Fett's helmet I would say this is the best paint job in Star Wars? I'm gonna take it slow and get as much help as possible from past masters.
So, if you wanna paint the Mona Lisa, u need the right colours and these most definitely are not...

771987_268027117545890_7860768029833953280_o-2-jpg.jpg

Not sure where this info comes from...found it online, but the greens are totally wrong. For the skirt I am using this pink and red but I've over sprayed with some Boxcar red and grime from Archive X and several washes and rubbing back with Scotchbrite. Needs more work but I think it'll deliver the result I'm looking for. The wings are done and were pretty easy

Here's a glimpse

xjrr9trl-jpg.jpg

nmdedwll-jpg.jpg

efojlhzl-jpg.jpg

Also finished the buck for windshield vac-form
ds4unktm-jpg.jpg

droidbait

Active Hunter
Definitely 1/6. It's a bigger ship than u think

Anyway...the painting has begun. It's gonna be emotional, that's for sure. With the exception of maybe Boba Fett's helmet I would say this is the best paint job in Star Wars? I'm gonna take it slow and get as much help as possible from past masters.
So, if you wanna paint the Mona Lisa, u need the right colours and these most definitely are not...

View attachment 192767

Not sure where this info comes from...found it online, but the greens are totally wrong. For the skirt I am using this pink and red but I've over sprayed with some Boxcar red and grime from Archive X and several washes and rubbing back with Scotchbrite. Needs more work but I think it'll deliver the result I'm looking for. The wings are done and were pretty easy

Here's a glimpse

View attachment 192768

View attachment 192769

View attachment 192770

Also finished the buck for windshield vac-form
View attachment 192771
That's the biggest buck I have seen.

RamSkirata

Hunter
Dear GEEK1138

I have nothing substantial to add to this thread, only the wish to congratulate you. This project is amazing. I dont know what else to say.

What will you do with the ship when you are done? Where will you park it?

ShortFuse

Active Hunter
Dear GEEK1138

I have nothing substantial to add to this thread, only the wish to congratulate you. This project is amazing. I dont know what else to say.

What will you do with the ship when you are done? Where will you park it?
I believe he mentioned that it would be going to the Star Wars Museum Outpost One in Germany. Perhaps you will be able to see it in person.