SLAVE 1, 1/6 SCALE BUILD

You sure thats not 1/4 scale? Looks HUGE!
Definitely 1/6. It's a bigger ship than u think

Anyway...the painting has begun. It's gonna be emotional, that's for sure. With the exception of maybe Boba Fett's helmet I would say this is the best paint job in Star Wars? I'm gonna take it slow and get as much help as possible from past masters.
So, if you wanna paint the Mona Lisa, u need the right colours and these most definitely are not...

771987_268027117545890_7860768029833953280_o-2-jpg.jpg

Not sure where this info comes from...found it online, but the greens are totally wrong. For the skirt I am using this pink and red but I've over sprayed with some Boxcar red and grime from Archive X and several washes and rubbing back with Scotchbrite. Needs more work but I think it'll deliver the result I'm looking for. The wings are done and were pretty easy

Here's a glimpse

xjrr9trl-jpg.jpg

nmdedwll-jpg.jpg

efojlhzl-jpg.jpg

Also finished the buck for windshield vac-form
ds4unktm-jpg.jpg

Definitely 1/6. It's a bigger ship than u think

Anyway...the painting has begun. It's gonna be emotional, that's for sure. With the exception of maybe Boba Fett's helmet I would say this is the best paint job in Star Wars? I'm gonna take it slow and get as much help as possible from past masters.
So, if you wanna paint the Mona Lisa, u need the right colours and these most definitely are not...

View attachment 192767

Not sure where this info comes from...found it online, but the greens are totally wrong. For the skirt I am using this pink and red but I've over sprayed with some Boxcar red and grime from Archive X and several washes and rubbing back with Scotchbrite. Needs more work but I think it'll deliver the result I'm looking for. The wings are done and were pretty easy

Here's a glimpse

View attachment 192768

View attachment 192769

View attachment 192770

Also finished the buck for windshield vac-form
View attachment 192771
That's the biggest buck I have seen.

Dear GEEK1138

I have nothing substantial to add to this thread, only the wish to congratulate you. This project is amazing. I dont know what else to say.

What will you do with the ship when you are done? Where will you park it?

Ok people...the painting is done! Firstly, let me say a HUGE thanks to Guy Cowen from Archive-X for not only supplying the volume of paint required but also for going out of his way to help me actually paint this beast. His paint is absolutely essential if you are seriously trying to replicate the work of the original ILM guys and mimic the techniques involved...the man is a genuine legend!

Anyway on with the show...
cmpryrjl-jpg.jpg

z02avsul-jpg.jpg

zr6wteol-jpg.jpg

The lighting sucks and it's impossible to get any decent shots just yet but I'm very happy with the result.
Here's a few detail shots...
sixeabfm-jpg.jpg
dkxkksbm-jpg.jpg
9bt48fam-jpg.jpg
68htfgpm-jpg.jpg
d6wn0pmm-jpg.jpg
yowgkfnm-jpg.jpg
qoqnlm3m-jpg.jpg
lacoaffm-jpg.jpg

rbmhscsm-jpg.jpg
5oiz0tpm-jpg.jpg

Only thing left to do is the windshield

Last edited:
Wow absolutely brilliant work, and the detail is staggering! Just epic work on display here congrats on a job well done. Just a question that’s popped in my head do you have any idea of the total weight?

The windshield is done and fitted so that brings the build to an end really. I still have to put her on wheels and transport her. I work in a boatyard, on a little Island in the middle of the river Thames in London, so she will have to go by boat to a slipway to load onto a lorry...and then on to Germany. NON trivial! I will wheel her outside and get some decent pix with my DSLR before she departs for her new home.

wwb0bwql-jpg.jpg

lgwfuyel-jpg.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back