Blaster BudaFett's Blaster Factory's EE-3

Helotech

Jr Hunter
That's great! Thanks for the help.
Sourcing the etching formula now. Any hints or tips other than wear a bio suit while doing it...?
 

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
That's great! Thanks for the help.
Sourcing the etching formula now. Any hints or tips other than wear a bio suit while doing it...?

DO NOT let the aluminum soak for any longer than the instructions on the RPF thread say. Wear chemical resistant gloves!
 

Helotech

Jr Hunter
Okey dokey.

The Ferric chloride has been ordered.

To confirm: The pats were soaked 2 times, for 20 seconds each?
Were the parts rinsed in between (and afterwards) in something?
 

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
The most important parts are the bleach bath over night and the 3 hour soak with water and ferric acid. Then the quick soaks be super quick and make sure you don't over do it and the acid will foam near the 15 second mark. Have a bucket of cold fresh water to throw the pieces in to stop the acid from eating away anymore material.
 

Helotech

Jr Hunter
The first step was to break it down. I gave the blaster a bleach/water bath over night to begin the process.

View attachment 212152

I also used steel stick epoxy to fill the holes on the clamp. I needed one clamp surface exposed.

View attachment 212153
Hey again. I have everything inhouse now to do the blaster. I just reread the thread and you mentioned you filled holes on the clamp with epoxy.
Just wondering which holes as I can't tell by your pic.
Also, why? Was it so the acid bath didn't damage the holes?

Thanks!
 

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey again. I have everything inhouse now to do the blaster. I just reread the thread and you mentioned you filled holes on the clamp with epoxy.
Just wondering which holes as I can't tell by your pic.
Also, why? Was it so the acid bath didn't damage the holes?

Thanks!
The holes I filled were only to get rid of the connecting rods for the molex connectors for placement. The configuration I used has one molex missing and I didn’t want to have a small hole in that spot. If you plan on using all four molex connectors you won’t have to worry about filling those holes.

301A79BB-EEE3-44A4-96A0-197C28936BAB.jpeg


I didn’t put the clamps, hammer or trigger in the acid either.

Only these pieces (minus the brass piece):

76C2A4B5-5B9F-4F7F-B48F-CCEDE6F0D307.jpeg
 

Helotech

Jr Hunter
Great info! Makes sense now.
I'll be using all the greeblies, so no worries there.
I went to do my blaster and after a year in the box realized the trigger / hammer and mechanisms weren't shipped to me when I originally got them. I was holding off as Blaster Factory is kindly sending me everything now.
I'll be proceeding in a couple days.
 

Helotech

Jr Hunter
Sorry for all the questions...

How much of the acid did you use. I ordered a 500ml bottle and now think I should have got more.

I know it depends on the container size, but I want to make sur I can adequately submerge the larger pieces.
 

HawkFett

Hunter
Pretty much finished with this after a few passing of birchwood and Casey Tru-oil after I damaged and weathered the stock.

Like mentioned previously it’s all found parts besides the actual webley (obviously) and the MPP. I painted the trigger and hammer myself. The hardware to attach the sling are actual webley replicas as well.
She's a beaut Clark! Glad I found this post. Love the process to weather it. Looks killer Buda!
 
Top