BoochmaN's ROTJ WIP

Boochman

Active Hunter
JETPACK DOOR - “THE MISSING LINK”:
I mentioned that I am awaiting the thrusters and rocket, but I’m realizing I never said where that was all coming from! I reached out to Wasted Fett to see if he’d be able to supply me with the specific parts I need (that fit the FP pack).

The ONLY part that has eluded me during this process is the Jetpack door. Seriously! Nothing from Fettpride (I didn’t even get the pack from him), part was missing from the Jetpack body that I received from MF (fulfilling FP backorders and so far hasn’t received the mould for the Jetpack door), and WF also didn’t have one to offer.

I’ve heard that people run without them cause it’s not seen, but that just goes against the logic of the costume in my opinion. Are there not parts and pieces that we’ve built that are not seen or covered here and there...? Idk...

Anyways, I downloaded the 3D file that RafalFett had on Shapeways. I imported the file to Sketchup, separated the door from the Jetpack body file, re-sized to fit my opening and exported as an STL file. A good friend of mine offered to print it for me! He said he has a smaller printer, and with the resolution setting cranked up; it took about 22 hours to print!

The piece came out great! Not perfect, but close enough. It wasn’t sitting flush, so I used a blow dryer to maybe it somewhat pliable, and formed it to the Jetpack opening. Not bad for what, like 2 bucks in material...?
052DE552-DB88-45EE-AB5F-A26DD64C5550.jpeg
4717CC51-E811-4F26-A684-F67533614A62.jpeg
AAEE4336-49B0-4078-B83B-DBDCAF8B0E68.jpeg
BBBCDB38-E783-428C-A810-4965FDC44261.jpeg
A49402CF-87DB-4407-9651-9007C740A0DA.jpeg

Last edited:

droidbait

Active Hunter
JETPACK DOOR - “THE MISSING LINK”:
I mentioned that I am awaiting the thrusters and rocket, but I’m realizing I never said where that was all coming from! I reached out to Wasted Fett to see if he’d be able to supply me with the specific parts I need (that fit the FP pack).

The ONLY part that has eluded me during this process is the Jetpack door. Seriously! Nothing from Fettpride (I didn’t even get the pack from him), part was missing from the Jetpack body that I received from MF (fulfilling FP backorders and so far hasn’t received the mould for the Jetpack door), and WF also didn’t have one to offer.

I’ve heard that people run without them cause it’s not seen, but that just goes against the logic of the costume in my opinion. Are there not parts and pieces that we’ve built that are not seen or covered here and there...? Idk...

Anyways, I downloaded the 3D file that RafalFett had on Shapeways. I imported the file to Sketchup, separated the door from the Jetpack body file, re-sized to fit my opening and exported as an STL file. A good friend of mine offered to print it for me! He said he has a smaller printer, and with the resolution setting cranked up; it took about 22 hours to print!

The piece came out great! Not perfect, but close enough. It wasn’t sitting flush, so I used a blow dryer to maybe it somewhat pliable, and formed it to the Jetpack opening. Not bad for what, like 2 bucks in material...? View attachment 192982 View attachment 192983 View attachment 192984 View attachment 192985 View attachment 192986
Wow that's a nice fit!

Boochman

Active Hunter
THE CAPE:
Took a break from the Jetpack (though I painted the door with an adhesion promoter, then silver, then masked and painted it blue this weekend), and I focused on a project that I never finished; the cape plate.

First I trimmed a random piece of polystyrene that I found laying around in the garage. Then I found the bolts, washers and nuts in my dad’s garage (previous posts cover this). This weekend I painted everything hunt club green, and weathered it all with sandpaper). Then I fastened it to the cape, and I think it looks pretty good. Challenging sealing up the hole where the grommet was in my cape originally...
AB564781-6769-4610-9600-434E2BDF4A1D.jpeg
18A3231C-54FD-4FCA-A84C-1806A906B635.jpeg