Boba Fett Re-Appearance Armor (heavily weathered version)

Seanem44

New Hunter
Tons of sources out there for you. I suggest hoping over the the mandalorian boba fett face book page. Also, howtoboba.com has a wealth of hi-res images.

Sandra1976

New Hunter
I will try that with facebook (still do not have that), and thank you for the other source of very good images! I am doing a lot now via Microsoft image preview. If you have a high-res photo, you can detect a ton of details by enlarging pictures (and you also detect things you did not even want to know about. For example, these el-cheapo velcro closures on Boba's chaps. Had such a nice zip...but oh well. Velcro it is. He also sports narrow strips of leatherstretch on the backs. Added those in as well - now it was a good thing that I kept my old motorcycle leather pants. Also, I have to rough up the smooth leather with sandpaper, as the poor man doesn't have that either. Have to be careful with the leather stretch though...).

Sandra1976

New Hunter
After the important information about the fabric and, most importantly, the weave used for the costume, I tried to find a Hakama with that weave. It does not exist, or it would have to be made.

So I decided to go another route. There exist pants with a very similar, and very wide leg cut. These can be found within the so-called "medieval section". They are not too authentic, but they exist in herringbone weave, and can be found made of 100 % cotton. I only found one made of black and wide thread, but still got pair. For whatever reason, the waistband elastic was supertight, so I changed that first.

This is how they look like:

41047620qc.jpg

41047621xl.jpg

41047622gy.jpg

Herringbone up-close:

41047624jq.jpg

You can hardly see the knee piece right now, as grey plastic on black and white does hardly give any contrast. But I think this will change when the pants are dyed and the knee piece shows its scratched-up, but more orangey-yellow self.

Then I tried to find more data about the pleats, because Boba's pants clearly are pleated. As the costum designer mentioned they are custom Hakama pants, and I already searched high and low, I compared these to the not very clear images of Boba's pants. Also researched how traditional Hakamas are pleated. They have altogether 7 pleats placed in a certain way. I decided to go with this arrangement. If we find out more, right now there is no problem to change that.

Sandra1976

New Hunter
In the meantime, I got in the rope from Switzerland for the Girth belt. Today, I sewed together the individual strands. They hold together very well, but as there is, contrary to a horse saddle girth, no connection between the strands, they are all over the place across my belly. To get an impression how it will look like with the shell belt over it, I sorted the strands carefully and forced them together with the help of a glass of water and my phone:

41142725oz.jpg

As a consequence, I went ahead and started sewing the strands to each other. If you do that, you have to be careful to take as little of a strand as possible for each stitch. Otherwise, as there are three different colors, you will see the sewing thread. On my pic, you can see how this looks on the top left:

41142836sw.jpg

Seanem44

New Hunter
In the meantime, I got in the rope from Switzerland for the Girth belt. Today, I sewed together the individual strands. They hold together very well, but as there is, contrary to a horse saddle girth, no connection between the strands, they are all over the place across my belly. To get an impression how it will look like with the shell belt over it, I sorted the strands carefully and forced them together with the help of a glass of water and my phone:

View attachment 210994

As a consequence, I went ahead and started sewing the strands to each other. If you do that, you have to be careful to take as little of a strand as possible for each stitch. Otherwise, as there are three different colors, you will see the sewing thread. On my pic, you can see how this looks on the top left:

View attachment 210995
User clear filament or jewelry thread. It's similar to fishing line.