Boba Fett post sarlac repainted armor build thread

Fett FPH3

New Hunter
Hey there
, I started a week ago with the build of the Boba Fett repainted armor. I bought a 3d Printer (anycubic mega zero for around 100$), and I know thats not the way to get an accurate movie prop but for me it‘s at the moment enough.
I grabbed the best files at the market (Rafal) and they were absolutely insane. At first I made the mistake to download the files from 3D Warenhouse, wich run me in a few proplems. But after Rafal helped me I downloaded the files from shapeways on my mac.
My printer can handle 220•220•250 mm.
So I had to cut them in Thinkercad. Here is a tutorial in german:
I‘m printing these out now in Pla, cause the mega zero has no heated bed. I will reinforce them with Fiberglas filler.

I will uptade this thread if the helmet is printed out completly.

Last edited:
Oh thanks, I will download the next parts from there. The files really suffered of the up down and uploading in less resolution. Appreciate your answer!
But now I struggle to find the way to download STL files. Shapeways only give me the possibility to buy them allready printed. Am I doing something wrong ?
(sorry for my bad english I‘m working on it)

Last edited:
Oh thanks, I will download the next parts from there. The files really suffered of the up down and uploading in less resolution. Appreciate your answer!
But now I struggle to find the way to download STL files. Shapeways only give me the possibility to buy them allready printed. Am I doing something wrong ?
(sorry for my bad english I‘m working on it)

Just create a free account to be able to download most of the models.

I did open Shapeways now on my mac and there I can download the files. Thank you very much Rafal for your help!

Last edited:
On thing I wanted to address is how I assumed the knee armor had slipped down to the shin when he walked down the ramp, but I believe that's where the armor is in every shot they are visible. Apparently it's shin armor now.

On thing I wanted to address is how I assumed the knee armor had slipped down to the shin when he walked down the ramp, but I believe that's where the armor is in every shot they are visible. Apparently it's shin armor now.
Yes I saw this too. It looks pretty funny. I probably really have to attach them under the knee.

There is a FB group, "Boba Fett - The Mandalorian Series Costume Group", where several dozen people are actively trying to break down all the layers and pieces of the costume. Completely different atmosphere than this forum.

There is a FB group, "Boba Fett - The Mandalorian Series Costume Group", where several dozen people are actively trying to break down all the layers and pieces of the costume. Completely different atmosphere than this forum.
I will look over there thank you for the advice!

what do you mean by "different atmosphere"?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back