Boba Fett manniquen???

Hi Mike,
Do you mean something to put your outfit on? If so, you should try to construct your own to your own measurements with PVC pipe and foam or bubblewrap. The plans are posted somewhere on here. Run a search. You should find it.

Good Luck!

thksdad wrote:

hey, where did you guys buy your Boba or Jango manniquens? how much do they run???
Michael

I got mine off the net for $199 + shipping, I can't remember where now, it was the cheapest one I could find.
They are on ebay regularly and sometimes you can get the cheap.

Try looking in your area for bridle places, they sometimes have junk ones FS or if hey are going out of business, they can be gotten cheap at times.

Lynn

thksdad wrote:

hey, where did you guys buy your Boba or Jango manniquens? how much do they run???
Michael

I got mine off the net for $199 + shipping, I can't remember where now, it was the cheapest one I could find.
They are on ebay regularly and sometimes you can get the cheap.

Try looking in your area for bridle places, they sometimes have junk ones FS or if hey are going out of business, they can be gotten cheap at times.

Lynn

hey, didn't the proppalace.com have some manniquens??? i thought they had some. i still probally wouldn't trust them with my money. :facepalm
~Michael

I dealt w/ SFP recently & had no probs, gotta find the time to post pics & my review. The ammo belt is awesome... That mannequin sure is expensive - that, & calculate overseas shipping & ur pretty much getting into the ball park of a DP!

I saw a neat thing recently - friends of ours deal w/ Yamaha. Yamaha sells a black velveteen mannequin that's poseable (mostly on their bikes & watercraft). I've checked it out & am pretty impressed. Just gotta figure a way of securing it upright. Don't know what the cost is, but I'm hoping to get 1 as a frebie so I'll post a review of that too if things work out...

-Rod

Hi
I made mine out of anything I could find around the workshop. It comes apart in the middle plus the arms come off so it makes it easy to dress. Aluminum mop handles for legs slotted into some 2" x 4" timber feet, PVC pipe for chest & shoulders and timber for arms, outside "skin" is gaffer tape wrapped around some old trousers & a shirt then stuffed with rags, doesn't look too pretty but since it covered it doesn't matter.
dummy_WIP.jpg

Plus a big thank you to secol_FETT for hosting my pics

dude, thats awesome!!!! i would hate to wake up one night, walk down the stairs, an see theis dude standing there. that would scare the crap out of me!!! :) anyway, thanks for the info. i'll try it one day. but, 1 more thing....how do i get the overall Boba stance???? ya know, the one where he is holding his gun up, and he's slightly leaning to the side. i'll find a pic and post it.
~Michael

thksdad wrote:

...how do i get the overall Boba stance???? ya know, the one where he is holding his gun up, and he's slightly leaning to the side.
~Michael
thats the Don Post, referring to his question.:p

hey, i just thought of a way to make a custom mannequin. okay, i was watching Monster Garage the other night, and i saw a rerun of a Christmas special. anyway, they had to make a huge Santa mannequin. so, what they did is they got some sidewalk chalk, and made a large grid. then, they sketched out what they wanted it to look from the side, and the front. you would have to lay down, and have someone trace you out in the pose you wanted your mannequin to look. anyway, they took some pencil thin steel rods, and bent the rods to match the sketches made on the grid. they then tack welded the 2 pieces together...side piece, and front piece. so, you get an + sign if your looking at it from the top. they then took some more of the rods, and slowly made a built out chest, waist, legs, and arms. they welded the pieces into place. they then bought some screen like you would use for a screen door. they stretched it out, and glued the screen onto the steel rods. it gave "Santa" a built up and body like look. so, they took it to a place, where there they sprayed some foam type stuff onto the screen. kinda like a light coat of plaster. anyway, they sanded it to make it look good , and they painted it. you don't have to sand it, cause, it will not be seen. hope this helps. oh, and one more thing, you don't need any metal benders. the steel will be thin, so, you can bend it by hand. if you would like it to be easier, you can go to a smaller, and thiner rod. :)
~Michael

Check out my trooper Mannequin...I call it the Home Depot special. It's PVC and carpet padding. I even added articulate hands to hold a blaster.

mytrooper.jpg

Mytrooper9.jpg

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back