Anyone heard from Woodman?

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard from Woodman the past couple months?

Last he messaged me regarding an order was March 24th.

No responses to my messages since.

Hope he is well.

Thanks!

Steven

I ordered the braids, cape, and girth belt April 10th and the ammo belt May 4th. He was going to ship out the first 3 items but I added the ammo belt to my order right before so it delayed him shipping it. Last I heard back was May 9th. He doesn't message much but will every few days.

I ordered Wookiee braids back in January. Was quoted 3 weeks turn around time. I have message a coupla times with no response. I am getting close to the point of doing a PayPal dispute since it has been 6 months.

I’m pretty sure like lot people say he is just busy. I sent him a PM awhile back for some items too with no reply but I’m fine with waiting cause I know I can’t make them at the quality he can.

I've had good luck with messaging woodman. And in my opinion there's nothing wrong with following-up either. IF I was a vendor, I wouldn't think of that as being annoying - but I'd be rather appreciative of the follow-up. I'd probably be like "Oh crap, I haven't gotten back to that customer yet - and I see they have some concerns." I mean, I can't speak for any of the vendors on here, but I'd be VERY surprised to hear if a vendor on TDH was surly with someone simply for "Checking In".

I've sold a couple things here on TDH in the Cargo Hold and I actually reach out to the buyers to see if they have the package (Cause I'm tracking it too) and usually a follow-up later to see if they are enjoying it. But if you have TONS of customers, that level of customer service and follow-up with your customers is near impossible. Especially if your a one-person show. Which if I'm not mistaken Woodman has more than a handful of customers. I think that following up every 48-72 hours of not hearing anything is acceptable. And it could very well be like what VutycFett is saying, probably busy with life/family. And as BudaFett said, Woodman is a well respected and longtime member of TDH - and it seems a lot of folks recommend him.
(y)

...Just my two cents.

Thanks,
-Iron

I’ll admit my communication is lacking currently. I also do sewing commissions, silicone/latex masks, some blasters and sandtrooper packs so my client list is always thick. That said having a long list to work down is no excuse for not returning a pm in a timely manner but it can be an issue trying to contact 50 people 3 times a week only to say they’re not up yet. Preemptive updates don’t work for me.

One issue with turnaround is my open runs of stuff. I’ve thought about switching to capped runs. ROTJ braids are a prime example being that I have to dye a section and it’s not cost/time efficient to do them one order at a time hence me waiting until I have a handful to do. Girth belts as well I can’t order them one at a time and they’re difficult to size so I don’t keep many on hand. I promise I’m not riding the couch.
I’ll try and add some coal to the boiler and speed the train up.
Woodman

woodman - I think I can speak for most here, in that your products/services are MUCH appreciated here on TDH and the level of detail in your wares speaks volumes as you've proven to not only have consistent products, but MANY satisfied customers! Hats off to ya my good sir!
(y)

For me....rest assured that once you reply back to a PM with a status update that I shan't be reaching out again till about 3 or 4 days after your time quote expired, assuming you hadn't reached out first.
;)

Thanks for all you do for us!

Thanks,
-Iron

Just adding another of vote of confidence for Woodman to this thread. Very happy with my items from him. I ordered a girth belt from him earlier this year and received it within the estimated timeframe.

In my experience, communication was fine, but as Woody said earlier in this thread, he stays busy. Trust that he’ll come through. With an excellent reputation here on TDH at stake, I’m sure he always will, barring exigent circumstances (like a pandemic).

Another satisfied customer. One more reason why I'll be hitting up Woodman here in the near future for a set of his Wookie Braids. (y)

-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back