Anyone had Problems Using Reefer Yellow on Armor

Loranar Fett

Active Hunter
Hello all,

Just a quick question if anyone has had experience using Reefer Yellow as per the RS colour list in the helmet thread? I was trying to paint my shoulder bells last night and noticed that the paint (at least my bottle) was very thin.

I used up 1/4 ounce (plus thinner) painting one bell and you can still see the chrome underneath. I was spraying it on evenly and light to prevent runs. It looks like it will take at least another 1/4 ounce + thinner. :eek:

This seems like a lot to me. Especially since the US Med Green went on a lot nicer. I mean I painted everything but my backplate with 3/4 ounce + distilled water.

I was wondering if this colour is just that thin and it will take that much paint or maybe I got a bad patch. I was thinking of not even thinning the paint for the second coat but I am not even sure that will help out much.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Loranar

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the same thing. I think it's just a property of that particular paint. I layed mine on pretty thick over a time and it came out looking good. You won't really notice how thick it is once you get a flat coat on top of it.

Hope that makes you feel better!

Geoff

I used almost a 1 full oz. of the reefer Yellow on my bells + the thinner. Remember you'll also be hitting them with the UP armor yellow also a little as well.

FYI..... Plan on at least a full 1oz. on the knees as well... ;)

Lynn

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back