Accurate vest material...status?

DarthVader1

Well-Known Hunter
Last year, and the year before that, there was a thread about the accurate vest material for Boba. (ROTJ MoM/AoSW most likely). Anyone could help out here?

I know that Bobafettish was in charge of that thread back then, but I just don't want to bother too much about it. Any comments/info about it? If there'
s some coming in the near horizon....I wanna be the first one in line for some of that material. :)

BobaFettish

Well-Known Hunter
I may look into doing another run. They have a minimum order amount ($500) that I have to meet in order to place the order since they are wholesalers and not retail. From time to time, I see members offering theirs in The Cargo Hold. I recently sold my excess material (not enough for a whole vest) to a member who needed just a bit more to finish his vest.

If enough interest is there, I can contact the supplier and see if I can get more. They only produce it (by the bolt) twice a year. The last order I placed was for 100 yards (a football field's length!).

BobaFettish

Well-Known Hunter
From the time I sent them the money until the time I had the fabric in hand was about one week. Due to the cost of the entire order, I would need payment up front from those wanting fabric, the same thing that Rouge Studios did with the first run and I did with the second one. The cost then was $16 per yard plus shipping. On average 2-1/2 yards is more than enough for one vest and a neck seal. I think the roll width is approximately 50".

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
At $16 a yard, we'd need about 32 yards ordered to fit the $500 minimum.

Sor far:
Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr ? yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's Kid 3 yds
---------------------------
TOTAL 6 + ? yds

If we get close enough on the interest thing, I'll commit to a few yards as well, just to push us over the top.

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr 3 yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's Kid 3 yds
TOTAL 9 + ? yds

We're a third of the way there!

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr 3 yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's kid 3 yds
Prymer13 3 yds
TOTAL 12 + ? yds

Feels like we're watching a telethon... :)

Prymer13

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, so once I get the fabric...um...then what do I do?
*Nevermind, the last thing I want to do is hijack this thread* ;)

**EDIT**
Brother Eddie set me straight ;)

E2K13

Well-Known Hunter
I would be comfortable in just saying that the order is for 3 yards oer person unless specified otherwise.