Accurate vest material...status?

DarthVader1

Well-Known Hunter
Last year, and the year before that, there was a thread about the accurate vest material for Boba. (ROTJ MoM/AoSW most likely). Anyone could help out here?

I know that Bobafettish was in charge of that thread back then, but I just don't want to bother too much about it. Any comments/info about it? If there'
s some coming in the near horizon....I wanna be the first one in line for some of that material. :)

I may look into doing another run. They have a minimum order amount ($500) that I have to meet in order to place the order since they are wholesalers and not retail. From time to time, I see members offering theirs in The Cargo Hold. I recently sold my excess material (not enough for a whole vest) to a member who needed just a bit more to finish his vest.

If enough interest is there, I can contact the supplier and see if I can get more. They only produce it (by the bolt) twice a year. The last order I placed was for 100 yards (a football field's length!).

From the time I sent them the money until the time I had the fabric in hand was about one week. Due to the cost of the entire order, I would need payment up front from those wanting fabric, the same thing that Rouge Studios did with the first run and I did with the second one. The cost then was $16 per yard plus shipping. On average 2-1/2 yards is more than enough for one vest and a neck seal. I think the roll width is approximately 50".

At $16 a yard, we'd need about 32 yards ordered to fit the $500 minimum.

Sor far:
Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr ? yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's Kid 3 yds
---------------------------
TOTAL 6 + ? yds

If we get close enough on the interest thing, I'll commit to a few yards as well, just to push us over the top.

Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr 3 yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's Kid 3 yds
TOTAL 9 + ? yds

We're a third of the way there!

Darthvader1 ? yds
Jango_Fett_Jr 3 yds
Geo ? yds
E2K13 3 yds
Jango's kid 3 yds
Prymer13 3 yds
TOTAL 12 + ? yds

Feels like we're watching a telethon... :)

Ok, so once I get the fabric...um...then what do I do?
*Nevermind, the last thing I want to do is hijack this thread* ;)

**EDIT**
Brother Eddie set me straight ;)

I would be comfortable in just saying that the order is for 3 yards oer person unless specified otherwise.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back