a pricing question

ryan101011

Jr Hunter
hello community, I recently got a bucket for 315 dollars, shipping included, I've been wondering( as I do not have as much experience), the shipping was bad, came in quite a bad state( more accurately, bad quality primer, cracks literally EVERYWHERE, crush damage with more cracks running from bottom of helmet to about half way)(fixed), but was it worth the price?

-Ryan

hello community, I recently got a bucket for 315 dollars, shipping included, I've been wondering( as I do not have as much experience), the shipping was bad, came in quite a bad state( more accurately, bad quality primer, cracks literally EVERYWHERE, crush damage with more cracks running from bottom of helmet to about half way)(fixed), but was it worth the price?

-Ryan

If the paint job is not good then you got ripped off. Far better it is to buy an unpainted helmet from reputable vendors here on TDH and ask someone to paint it for you. The cost will be higher...and it will take longer...but it will be correct.

[]
Post pics

ive already fixed up most of it and put on a nice bit of chrome( for motivation, its not going to be the silver on the helmet), I have some pictures of when I arrived, though.
213pyzc.jpg
[/IMG]
285w92.jpg
[/IMG]
2vltoqw.jpg
[/IMG]
35n4qcp.jpg
[/IMG]
2yze735.jpg
[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

If the paint job is not good then you got ripped off. Far better it is to buy an unpainted helmet from reputable vendors here on TDH and ask someone to paint it for you. The cost will be higher...and it will take longer...but it will be correct.
It is unpainted, I haven't even started yet...still need to lock down some electronics

I bought this from boba trooper, he said he was going to turn it into a super trooper but decided against it and sold it to me...

That looks like primer cracking not actual helmet damage. Cracking damage can appear if a helmet is shipped without its visor installed...the mandibles are quite fragile without the visor in it reinforcing its structure. That being said you could have gotten a cold cast helmet from Animefan for cheaper. I have some stuff from Boba trooper and its generally pretty good stuff, but I don't know if he sold you a helmet he made or if it was from another vendor he simply picked up.

yes, it was shipped without the visor, the sides of the "t" were cracked deep, also the back panel, he said it was an old fp, the $315 was the final price after I added shipping to Singapore, would the animefan one still be cheaper?

Need to show the pics of the lid before you painted it. If it was cracked that bad it should have shown before you painted it. It didn't show when it was chrome painted(if that was the same helmet)
Looks like you need to remove all the finishes, and start with a good primer. Was it coldcast or plain resin?

Need to show the pics of the lid before you painted it. If it was cracked that bad it should have shown before you painted it. It didn't show when it was chrome painted(if that was the same helmet)
Looks like you need to remove all the finishes, and start with a good primer. Was it coldcast or plain resin?
the second pic was when it just arrived, the chrome is after I fixed it back up, boba trooper was working on it half way already, then I bought it off him.
crundum, is the animefan price inclusive of shipping?

I believe his budget helm is 160$ US PLUS shipping. @animefan
I got it for 171US, I believe I messaged anime fan, but he never came back to me, then I saw boba troopers thread, also, this helmets transaction went super smooth, aside from the actual helmet being in pretty bad condition, it arrived within 2 weeks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back