2nd Troop!!

GeekdadX7

Active Hunter
This is the 2nd year in a row that, because of you guys, I was able to do this for my nephew... so thank you.

Just for a refresher course, I started with all of this 2 years ago, because of my nephew who had cancer. My sister started organizing a community fundraiser for the children’s hospital where he was getting treatment and members of the 501st showed up and were awesome. I promised my nephew that “next year” (which was last year’s event)thatI’d go as boba fett and troop with the 501st guys.

I just was a flippin moron and thought I could just go to party city and buy a fett costume, having NO IDEA of the standards that you guys had.

At that same time... the beloved RKD passed away, and thanks to Major, I was able to correspond with his family, who were moving his gear to help with money for his family. I tried to get as much of his gear as I could, so I could keep it all in one place and have it continue “serving” so to speak. I have great happiness, knowing I kept a lot of his gear together.

Unfortunately I was too fat to fit into it when it all got here... didn’t realize I was beforehand heh. So buying his gear changed my mf life.

I lost 60 pounds, relearned how to cook, have 2 cookbooks out now (1 just hit 10,000 copies) and have completely had my life, and that of my family, changed.... in a way... because of RKD... and deciding to purchase his gear.

Yesterday was the 2nd annual charity event that I have been able to troop at, for my nephew, because of all of you people in these forums.

Is my suit finished? Nope. Is it almost? Yeah. I still have things I need to tweak and fix, but I was allowed to troop as a guest with the 501st guys up in Sacramento CA yesterday.

The turnout was awesome.
Boba fett (me)
Emperor palpatine
Kylo renn
Sand trooper
Storm trooper
2 first order troopers
A gamorrean
And a woman dressed as Rey.

I had a wonderful time, all the 501stgyys are freaking amazing as always... and it was 20 degrees cooler this year woot! Lol.

Thank you everyone, for these forums, for helping me do this for my nephew, and for having these forums completely and utterly change my life as a crazy byproduct of finding these forums, and not fitting into a boba fett costume lol.

Ps: thank you artakha for painting my entire suit, top to bottom.
8C1D8425-E84C-48C7-8077-8A38BF55DFB1.jpeg
F5D9809D-4303-456C-98C5-0BE04856CA3A.jpeg
59F9DE3E-C1D1-4BCD-9D2D-C57B20FE7358.jpeg
5CF2CA78-0C5D-43AF-955D-33F8C6D40BFB.jpeg
636773DE-8B3D-4B22-9DEF-41030F622346.jpeg
B730A953-8D75-4F73-9645-428A0D4A3CB4.jpeg
F66367BE-40B2-46D9-8CDC-3766B3DBBB2E.jpeg
D55A22EB-3532-41D7-93D5-22880B7A4FF4.jpeg
16AF70C5-8B76-4C77-9CE8-1EE91C1822DE.jpeg

Last edited:
What a humbling and inspiring backstory. Will is still with us in essence. Fett really has changed your life for the better. What sort of food do you write about? You had a great selection of characters also..

What a humbling and inspiring backstory. Will is still with us in essence. Fett really has changed your life for the better. What sort of food do you write about? You had a great selection of characters also..
I turned into a middle aged housewife and joined ww. Started going through the food network recipes and figured out ingredient substitutions that let me cut down the calories and fat from paula dean, ina garden and tyler Florence recipes. It just started clicking, like a puzzle making sense.

i have them on amazon, but i let anyone download the entire books, 100% for free, off my website. there are a lot of people who don’t have extra money to throw at cookbooks, i want them to have it too. I write on the digital downloads that i give permission for kinkos, staples, office depot, anywhere, to print it for people. They have the author’s permission.

kinda a way to give back and try to help anyone i can, no $ required.

I wont put a link because I don’t want to violate any terms, but you can google “the guilt free gourmet .net”

both cookbooks are 100% free downloads on my site. In the new one, on the dedication page, i even have a picture of me dressed as fett with my kids last Halloween lol.

Just been and found it, some nice looking food on there I may have to make some of them and a review by Boba....... Nice
Screenshot_20190929_193425_com.android.chrome.jpg

heck, while I got'cha all here.... other than having ESB shin tools, can you spot anything blatantly obvious that I should try to address for a ROTJ Fett?
I have woodman braids coming, am about to commission new shin tools, but trying to see what else you guys might point out that I should try to hit up to get compliant with ROTJ standards.

Congrats on turning your life around man, truly an amazing story! Out of curiosity is the Jetpack you're wearing part of the items you purchased from Will's family as well?

Last edited:
Congrats on turning your life around man, truly an amazing story! Out of curiosity is the Jetpack you're wearing part of the items you purchased from Will's family as well?

Nope. The only items that I was able to get from Will, were his:
Flightsuit
Neck Seal
Leather ammo belt
those hip pouches on the belt
Girth Belt
some ankle spats that were actually rolled up in one of the hip pouches
plus some electronics that were stuffed into the other hip pouch, like his voice amplifier
Also got his EE-3.

So mostly his soft parts and the blaster rifle.
I juuuuuuuuust missed getting Will's gauntlets.

the helmet and gauntlets were made by artakha, his own casts, and the jetpack is DVH's jetpack kit.

The armor and knees were purchased used from the cargo hold, and I had them shipped to artakha to paint it all at the same time, so it'd all match from the same guy.

That's awesome man, your post really hit home. Even more so because I currently have Will's
Nope. The only items that I was able to get from Will, were his:
Flightsuit
Neck Seal
Leather ammo belt
those hip pouches on the belt
Girth Belt
some ankle spats that were actually rolled up in one of the hip pouches
plus some electronics that were stuffed into the other hip pouch, like his voice amplifier
Also got his EE-3.

So mostly his soft parts and the blaster rifle.
I juuuuuuuuust missed getting Will's gauntlets.

the helmet and gauntlets were made by artakha, his own casts, and the jetpack is DVH's jetpack kit.

The armor and knees were purchased used from the cargo hold, and I had them shipped to artakha to paint it all at the same time, so it'd all match from the same guy.
That's awesome man, I was just asking to confirm what I had purchased about a month ago. I actually got my hands on Will's Jetpack. I am going to be doing the same as you, by continuing to have his gear in service. I will post up photos within the next couple of weeks of my first official troop at NYCC along with quite a few other members on this site!

Attachments

• 20190927_230241.jpg
    20190927_230241.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
That's awesome man, your post really hit home. Even more so because I currently have Will's

That's awesome man, I was just asking to confirm what I had purchased about a month ago. I actually got my hands on Will's Jetpack. I am going to be doing the same as you, by continuing to have his gear in service. I will post up photos within the next couple of weeks of my first official troop at NYCC along with quite a few other members on this site!

That's awesome!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back