MLC jet pack questions

Here it is finally after lots of work. I still need to add a more weathering over the whole body and the little round thing on the white box on the right side of the main tank.
Sorry for the poor quality scans and the colors being off because of my Astra Scanner.
Here are the pics.
JP1.JPG

JP11.JPG

JP2.JPG

JP4.JPG

JP5.JPG

JP7.JPG

JP8.JPG

JP3.JPG

JP10.JPG

JP13.jpg

Here is a pic of my TK-409 neckseal. You can kinda see the sheen on it, it is made of the material that BobaFettish and RS supplied for us.
JP12.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Smokes!!! Its a great looking pack. Yeah, It could maybe use a bit more grime/dirtyness, but otherwise, she looks awesome!! Great work!! Did you make the harness?

Yeah I made the harness out of the same nylon strap that I used on my trooper armor. I found it in the camping section at wal-mart. Its like a 6' strap for $2.00. I can try to find a pic if anyone needs it.

Hey buddy, nice job. Looks like you are ready to fly, congratulations. :cheers

Nice job! (y)
Everything looks great. Maybe a little more weathering but it looks pretty good to us.
Keep up the good work. :)

Looking good!! Nice job Tyler.

(y)

You know, all these nice paintjobs on the MLC Jet Pack have got me jonesing for mine to be painted too!!

:lol:

Very nice looking pack! Great weathering! Congrats! :cheers

Bountys Hunted wrote:

You know, all these nice paintjobs on the MLC Jet Pack have got me jonesing for mine to be painted too!!

Yeah, as soon as my MLC pack gets here, that sucker is getting painted. :D

Sleezy wrote:

Very nice looking pack! Great weathering! Congrats! :cheers

Bountys Hunted wrote:

Yeah, as soon as my MLC pack gets here, that sucker is getting painted. :D

Should be any day now! :D

nice job on the MLC pack.

I finally figured out a harnessing system the other day and got mine all finished finally. Even added the Vdash decals to it last night. I need to get some kind of stabilizer, but I guess that'll have to wait a bit.

Sleezy, I know what you mean about painting it. When I got mine it was painted and ready within like 2 days.

Woooo-Hooooo Doug!!! Yeah man, that pack looks great!!

ESB all the way!! :D

(y) :cheers

I really like how it turned out Doug. Nice job on the harness system btw. Should move with you right fine!

You know, I've got a question... does the ESB pack have
do-hickey on the opposite side of the beacon? I want to remember seeing another JP that had it...I'm not imagining it am I?

Great job guys on the jet packs. They are turning out stupendous, whether or

take care,

-Rex

great looking pack!i just painted mine a couple of days ago.when i get the chance i want to posts pics.

I do have one question for you guys though... On the rocket part, right above the silver ring, is that next little bit above that the red? In the one good pic I have of it I can't really tell...I keep waffeling back and forth.

thats a good question...to me it looks like a brass or copper colour.i had a small bottle of testors copper laying around, so i just brushed it on.not sure if its accurate but i just got tired trying to figure out what it was.

I do have one question for you guys though... On the rocket part, right above the silver ring, is that next little bit above that the red? In the one good pic I have of it I can't really tell...I keep waffeling back and forth.

In the one good picture I have of it I thought it looked red but couldn't decide if it was a bright red or the same red as the piano keys. I decided to make it the same color as the piano keys but have considered making it a brighter red. I'll probably just leave it as is.

Doug

Great job with the pack! I like the harness system as well. My first pack used the alice pack strapping system but I never seemed to get it in control very well. You seem to have figured it out much better then I ever did. Great work!

Awesome paintjob! :cheers

I was wondering how you attached the harness straps inside the jet pack...I see you took them through the U-bars, but did you glue them or rivet them at the top?

Nice job! Can't wait to get started on mine...:D

I was wondering how you attached the harness straps inside the jet pack...I see you took them through the U-bars, but did you glue them or rivet them at the top?

Actually I did neither. You can see the little clips above the ubars and below the snapon pieces. They hold pretty well. I ran the webbing through the clip, then around the ubar, and back through the clip. It holds like a dream and gives the benefit of making it adjustable if I need to make changes at some point.

Oh by the way guys...that webbing is .27$ a foot at sun and ski sports in the rock climbing section, compared to nearly 2.00$ a yard at the fabric stores.

Great paint job!(even if it is ESB, j/k)...man Mardon's packs look soooo nice painted up! I can't wait to get ahold of one of those! Great work!

Can any owners of the MLC and/or MB jet packs please chime in with the width across the back of each please?

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back