MLC jet pack questions

The MLC pack is about 17" wide, and almost 22" from thruster to thruster.

EDIT: And its an awesome pack if you are considering one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is, finally arrived today and I most say that I am very impressed with the paint job that my friend Austin did. Buddy, you did a hell of a job on the pack, thanks a lot. :) (y)

If you need something painted just send him a PM, he's a great guy to deal with. :)

Here are the pictures, great attention to detail was taken(looks 1000 times better in person). :) I am so happy.

MLCJETPACK.jpg

MLCJETPACKd.jpg

MLCJETPACKc.jpg

MLCJETPACKb.jpg

OOOHHH!!! Now that baby's a keeper!!! Your buddy did a fantastic job!! Awesome pack!! Too bad its not all green though!!:lol: (j/k)

Glad you're happy with the results! Let me know when you're ready for your helmet to be done. :)

-Austin

retrovertigo10 wrote:

sweet JP, how much did the kit set ya back?

It is an MLC pack, there is an interest thread for it. It should not be hard to find.

Austin, thanks for everything. The helmet is in the works right now, cant say much, it's a surprise. :D

Woooo-Hoooo! Man, you're pack looks great!! Austin- (y)
You did a great job!

It looks sooo good to see those MLC packs painted up. From grey primer "kit" to finished "property of Boba Fett".

Nice job guys!

Retrovertigo, if you want any details on the MLC JP, just PM me...

:D

take care,

-Rex

DarthVader1 wrote:

Defiler, I see that you're almost done with the Fett!

Robert

Not really, I still have a few details that need to be taken care of. I want my display to be almost perfect, that is why is taking me so long to complete. Soon..... :)

I've heard that the older MB width is around 13.5". This seems awfully small. Can anyone verify this?

And has anyone got the latest MB? How wide is that one?

I have a new MB JP. I'll get you some measurements.
Tell me what you need.
Thakns,
Robert E.

Hi Robert,

I just need the width across the pack (not including thrusters) looking at it from the back.

Thanks

reidemiller wrote:

I have a new MB JP. I'll get you some measurements.
Tell me what you need.
Thakns,
Robert E.

Nice jet pack. Hope I will be able to proudly post pics of my scratchbuild that I´m doing

Doug,

Re: your call for assistance on how to attach the top of the straps -

2 methods I can think of other than cut slots:

1) find UK Scout's thread about how he did it. He glued come extra u-bars in near the top and still has the straps coming out of the opening, which is secured with velcro.

2) put a piece of dowel inside just below the top of the opening and epoxy/attatch somehow, into place. Run the strap over this and out of the gap between the JP body and the hole cover.

Either of thses should be secure and easy, and mean you don't have to chop your pack.

Hope this helps a little.

Si

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back