Questions about the Pre-Pro 1 Fett

I recently got a new jetpack kit so I decided to repaint my old one as the PP1 and have been gathering as much info on it as I could. Seems like that one has the most greeblies along the bottom, can anyone dispute that? I know there is contradictory thoughts on if the ROTJ sections are white or silver, but the PP1 at least looks white to me on the sides of the main body, thrusters, and rocket section.

But since I filled in the dent and repainted my original helmet as the PP1 ears version, I may be slowly building a PP1 costume...

I recently got a new jetpack kit so I decided to repaint my old one as the PP1 and have been gathering as much info on it as I could. Seems like that one has the most greeblies along the bottom, can anyone dispute that? I know there is contradictory thoughts on if the ROTJ sections are white or silver, but the PP1 at least looks white to me on the sides of the main body, thrusters, and rocket section.

But since I filled in the dent and repainted my original helmet as the PP1 ears version, I may be slowly building a PP1 costume...
All the jetpacks were painted red, blue, yellow and white, with the ESB being the only green one

Exposed, yes probably. However all those ports were just moved around for ESB/ROTJ. On ESB they all got hidden on the back, in ROTJ all but 2 got hidden in the back.

As for the colors, these sections are 110% white on all versions that isn't ESB.

1706214216080.png

The tanks, thrusters, and rocket are look more grey, probably SP Lettering Grey. Some people paint them silver for ROTJ but that's not correct as they are for sure gray for ROTJ and probably the other colored packs too.

Right, exposed along the bottom. Thank you for weighing in on the white/grey. I'm definitely not painting them silver. Well, I am but will then mask and paint the primary color over it

Has anyone reproduced the PP1 jetpack before? And when was it last seen? I know it was also used in the pictures for the PP3, but was it ever on any of the tours?

I've got gauntlet (Gauntlets) I'm fond of. They are for ROTJ/ESB but I can work with you to get something more PP1. I don't know of anyone that offers straight up PP1 stuff at the moment. The gauntlets are pretty much ESB just with a different flamethrower.
Hey Neo, I was wondering what you're thinking for something closer to PP1 style.

Anyone know if the cape is made from a half shelter like the ROTJ cape? It doesn't look like it has the same stitching but I won't be surprised if I'm missing it.

Anyone know if the cape is made from a half shelter like the ROTJ cape? It doesn't look like it has the same stitching but I won't be surprised if I'm missing it.
It is the ROTJ hero cape actually. The little metal green thing you can see bolted to the ROTJ hero cape is the hook made for the baker clip on PP1, just broken. Same cape used.

It is the ROTJ hero cape actually. The little metal green thing you can see bolted to the ROTJ hero cape is the hook made for the baker clip on PP1, just broken. Same cape used.
Thank you for the response. I'm not so sure that's the case after seeing this post:

Thank you for the response. I'm not so sure that's the case after seeing this post:
The thread is a bit old, and information in that is a little out of date, mainly with the part that goes in the clip. However it still helps my point though. The little metal part ILM made that goes into the green baker clip had the tip break off but the rest remained on the cape. That is what can be seen on the ROTJ cape
1708302926009.png

1708302935139.png

Then from the PP1 continuity photos, this is it before breaking off. That went into the baker clip. For ROTJ they just mounted it from the collar where it broke off instead of the other corner like PP1.

1708303112843.png

I'm not an expert but I don;t see the two seams we know are on the ROTJ cape in the photos of the PP1 cape demo shots. RotJ tent cape has lengthwise seams a few inches from the edges on both sides. This PP1 does not. But the material does look like it has the same heaviness of the tent material and may just be cut from a different location of the tent. Could def be an army tent.

Stage 32.jpg
Stage 40.jpg

I'm not an expert but I don;t see the two seams we know are on the ROTJ cape in the photos of the PP1 cape demo shots. RotJ tent cape has lengthwise seams a few inches from the edges on both sides. This PP1 does not. But the material does look like it has the same heaviness of the tent material and may just be cut from a different location of the tent. Could def be an army tent.
Huh, interesting. Good point. The little metal thing on the ROTJ hero cape has to be the same kind of mechanism that PP1 had though, right? So I perhaps they fitted a few capes with the metal thing? If it's not left over from the Baker clip, I have no idea what it could be bolted onto the hero cape.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back