With a little help from my friends - ROTJ SE WIP

Your build updates are the highlights of my days. Remarkable skills.

Thank you, really! It's really great having such a supportive and encouraging community. I really can't wait to get out there and start trooping and celebrating at conventions/gatherings. I think I'll be starting commissions and expand my repertoire of SW costumes and armors. I've had such a blast working on this that I really think I've found a new hobby! I started taking sculpture, 3D design, and casting classes at my local university to start making props and armor of my own designs. Of course, a Fett is never finished, so I'll be here to stay... TDH is always going to be my first home.

Sent from my iPhone

Excellent work, man! The paint colours and weathering are really coming out nicely!

Quick note: Saw in one of your pics that you had three hoses on your right gauntlet. I believe only ROTJ Hero has that, and depending on which SE version you go for, you could be adding duct tape and a hose to your left :)

Oh man! You have no idea how long it has been and how many hours I've spent on your build thread! You are the guy who inspired me to actually take the plunge and give me the confidence to pull this off. If it weren't for you, this probably wouldn't have happened for a long time if ever. I personally wanted to thank you for your input to the site and how you've helped Fett builders everywhere, especially me. You're like famous to me dude! Haha

Anyways! Back to the build... Yea, I am fully aware that the hose "situation" is going to have to change... reluctantly lol
During non-formal events I'll probably keep the three hoses on Hero style because I like the "idealized" image of Fett I've had in my mind as a kid, but for approval and trooping I'll most likely add on the trusty ol' super high-tech duct tape. You know, it was all the rage with bounty hunters in the 90's!

Oh man! You have no idea how long it has been and how many hours I've spent on your build thread! You are the guy who inspired me to actually take the plunge and give me the confidence to pull this off. If it weren't for you, this probably wouldn't have happened for a long time if ever. I personally wanted to thank you for your input to the site and how you've helped Fett builders everywhere, especially me. You're like famous to me dude! Haha

Anyways! Back to the build... Yea, I am fully aware that the hose "situation" is going to have to change... reluctantly lol
During non-formal events I'll probably keep the three hoses on Hero style because I like the "idealized" image of Fett I've had in my mind as a kid, but for approval and trooping I'll most likely add on the trusty ol' super high-tech duct tape. You know, it was all the rage with bounty hunters in the 90's!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kudos. I can't take all the credit though. I started here just like you, not knowing anything about the build and learned from everyone that came before me. I'm glad though that my thread gave you the push to go for it. You're doing a great job, and it would have been a shame for you to miss out on something so stellar. Keep it up!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kudos. I can't take all the credit though. I started here just like you, not knowing anything about the build and learned from everyone that came before me. I'm glad though that my thread gave you the push to go for it. You're doing a great job, and it would have been a shame for you to miss out on something so stellar. Keep it up!

I suppose it's because I related to you in that way. You showed me it just took drive and determination to start from the ground up.

Update: final coat of silver down on the other ear.

b0448094baec08d519d0726955ba9328.jpg

Can anyone help me out with identifying the greeblies that go in these two locations on the jet pack? I've seen them as ringlets and screws... Not sure what they are/where to get them.

2c163f522189bdf11fe6886b09553310.jpg

My wild guess is that, for some reason, they tried to drill 2 holes (possibly for some pyro effects in ROTJ), but never finished the job, this is why the top one has a repair job:
Boba-Fett-Costume-CIV-Britt-241.jpg

The original pack (pre ROTJ) didn't had these features:
Boba-Fett-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jetpack-02.jpg

My wild guess is that, for some reason, they tried to drill 2 holes (possibly for some pyro effects in ROTJ), but never finished the job, this is why the top one has a repair job:
View attachment 102871

The original pack (pre ROTJ) didn't had these features:
View attachment 102870

That's pretty fascinating! I wish there was some place I could read more into it...
Thank you for the insight and comparisons of the packs.
Now I just need to find parts to replicate the circular patch jobs. I've seen people replicate it but I'm not certain what they use.

Doing some final greeblies while the helmet dries. Love dirtying things up and the brown acrylic dry-brush/wash combo came out nice and rusty.

ae3d5490cb806ef0ed3b55075967746d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

The greeblies so far... Just need to finish the cream color on the small button and rust application on the red knob.
I just have a second batch of greeblies for comparison. I really like how the metal shines through the "rust" at different angles. Definitely looks better in person imo

dc18b7bdfc17bd7c301b71fecc0b111d.jpg
b50ff05903c99d679d618ac325e44772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Applying the first set. The second set will go on tomorrow. Fell in love with slow-cure epoxy, albeit a bit runny it cures like glass and the magnets on my armor are not coming off!

cdd90935c2001495860a2fa7b0425ca0.jpg

b271121855aacf1a23d37ff40f24bd14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Silver masking on RF ear done. Sorry, I got caught up doing greeblies and slowed down on the helmet... Small family matter that needed attending and now all moving a bit more at a normal pace.

3a5d3ffe18ddcc04db4164a97b5f3cc3.jpg

Also finished placing the greeblies on the jet pack. Letting it set for a couple of days with that slow-cute epoxy to make sure it's as secure as possible.

fed6484006f2c1497f25b7a2b1729442.jpg

67cef83e965b06a9b20ef29ebadcb0b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Question: I got the 2inch elastic, is it supposed to be 1inch? I got the 2in thinking it would secure better and would be just enough to not fold over...

2a6a1af8c897321891c9ff2c2380e70f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Question: I got the 2inch elastic, is it supposed to be 1inch? I got the 2in thinking it would secure better and would be just enough to not fold over...

2a6a1af8c897321891c9ff2c2380e70f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
You want 1 inch elastic...thats how big it really was.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back