With a little help from my friends - ROTJ SE WIP

I noticed that I had forgotten the brown smudge on the jet pack so I decided to fill that in. A little bit of brown and then some tan to lighten it up and done...

a6eb40e08a1709efcb11f54dc21cd6b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Wow don't know how I missed this before. Incredible job on all of this, its looking really fantastic.

Many thanks guys. If there's anything any one thinks I could improve just say the word.
If anyone wants specific/detailed photos also just say the word. I am thinking about possibly opening up for commissions after I'm finished with this.

Point of interest for me right now is the girth belt... It seems too red and clean. Not weathered at all by me. Any tips on how to do that?

I've been busy on the (to me) most tedious and boring part of the whole project. The stencils. It's a love/hate relationship for sure, but I'm almost done scaling and cutting them out. I used photoshop to warp and scale them properly with rulers and a tape measure. I want to get back to putting color down so bad... Must... Not... Rush...

1ff705d70eb53edc69493c818fb26eb8.jpg

I've heard people using oil pastels or charcoal for weathering, or even misting spray paint.

Charcoal! I'll try that since I have tons of it in my art bins from school. Spray painting it might be an alternative. Thanks!

Finished all my homework finally! The real fun finally begins!

c18643518d1ded267e4b06e99a971df7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

All I can say is amazing work on all of your work! If your helmet is going to be like your armor and tools, it'll surely be amazing to see when finished!! (y)

All I can say is amazing work on all of your work! If your helmet is going to be like your armor and tools, it'll surely be amazing to see when finished!! (y)

Many thanks. Hopefully! Just taking my time... I was planning on finishing no this build before the school semester started but that's tomorrow for me so I didn't exactly make my deadline. Still, better to take my time and do it right and be happy with it than to rush it.

c094d73063c7a145df26847f60d8b25f.jpg

Putting the white down in a bit...

Sent from my iPhone

BEWARE: do not use this horrible product. I does NOT come off with anything but alcohol and it just ruined my paint job. Super frustrated with this crap... I'll just paint over the rest.

3eac4320d0b64c9dad607b05817a57f7.jpg

87e19bdf51c37e1f28fc9d0281ccbcac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

After a few touch ups I got it back to normal but still... Not sure what product to use next for the rest of the bucket if I can't trust that to wash off.

e8b1b28bc68576502e5a132731a145a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I have been using this: Porelon Black Carbon Paper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008K5ENE6 which does just rub off with light buffing from tissue paper (or eraser I imagine), but the "white" upper surface (not the "carbon" transfer side) has a random black stippled pattern that makes it tough to discern exactly where the damage stencil is suppose to be. I'm going to try Raizo's suggestion when this runs out...

Excellent work, man! The paint colours and weathering are really coming out nicely!

Quick note: Saw in one of your pics that you had three hoses on your right gauntlet. I believe only ROTJ Hero has that, and depending on which SE version you go for, you could be adding duct tape and a hose to your left :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back