What do you think of my RF

asok

Well-Known Hunter
What do you think of my clear, hallow, RF

So, what do you think? Yes it is a US quarter inside. I made it from a DP 95. Sorry the pic is fuzzy. That is about the best I can do. I figure that if I am going to do a Boba, I would start at the top.

pic01.jpg

pic03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

propsculptor

Active Hunter
With 2-part clear resin, it really helps to warm up the molds, then mix-up the resin,
pour it in, then as the resin is setting, keep the mold and resin warm, a cheap trick
would be to find a cardboard box cut a hole in it for a hairdryer and keep the dryer on "Warm".

I hope that helps you out.

That technique has worked with the store-bought clear resins I have used in the past.

NOTE:
This needs to be done in a well-ventilated Garage because the resin smell
can be really strong and you don't want to breathe it in too much!

asok said:
I just used 2 part resin. I am trying to make on without all the air bubbles.

asok

Well-Known Hunter
Thanks! I will have to try that. What about a heat gun set on low?

propsculptor said:
With 2-part clear resin, it really helps to warm up the molds, then mix-up the resin,

pour it in, then as the resin is setting, keep the mold and resin warm, a cheap trick
would be to find a cardboard box cut a hole in it for a hairdryer and keep the dryer on "Warm".

I hope that helps you out.

That technique has worked with the store-bought clear resins I have used in the past.

NOTE:
This needs to be done in a well-ventilated Garage because the resin smell
can be really strong and you don't want to breathe it in too much!

Last edited by a moderator:

propsculptor

Active Hunter
I would stick with a hairdryer, heat guns heat up too fast you run the risk of warping the plastic after it sets, as well as possible damaging the mold.

asok said:
Thanks! I will have to try that. What about a heat gun set on low?