What do you think of my RF

asok

Well-Known Hunter
What do you think of my clear, hallow, RF

So, what do you think? Yes it is a US quarter inside. I made it from a DP 95. Sorry the pic is fuzzy. That is about the best I can do. I figure that if I am going to do a Boba, I would start at the top.

pic01.jpg

pic03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With 2-part clear resin, it really helps to warm up the molds, then mix-up the resin,
pour it in, then as the resin is setting, keep the mold and resin warm, a cheap trick
would be to find a cardboard box cut a hole in it for a hairdryer and keep the dryer on "Warm".

I hope that helps you out.

That technique has worked with the store-bought clear resins I have used in the past.

NOTE:
This needs to be done in a well-ventilated Garage because the resin smell
can be really strong and you don't want to breathe it in too much!

asok said:
I just used 2 part resin. I am trying to make on without all the air bubbles.

Thanks! I will have to try that. What about a heat gun set on low?

propsculptor said:
With 2-part clear resin, it really helps to warm up the molds, then mix-up the resin,

pour it in, then as the resin is setting, keep the mold and resin warm, a cheap trick
would be to find a cardboard box cut a hole in it for a hairdryer and keep the dryer on "Warm".

I hope that helps you out.

That technique has worked with the store-bought clear resins I have used in the past.

NOTE:
This needs to be done in a well-ventilated Garage because the resin smell
can be really strong and you don't want to breathe it in too much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stick with a hairdryer, heat guns heat up too fast you run the risk of warping the plastic after it sets, as well as possible damaging the mold.

asok said:
Thanks! I will have to try that. What about a heat gun set on low?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back