WF ESB Gauntlet Hose Attachment?

BobaFettAZ

Hunter
I am still obtaining all of the parts for my build but recently got my Wasted Fett gauntlets and have a question about the hose attachment options. What's the best way to attach the hose?

I have seen build photos where the larger hose is attached directly to the gauntlet (1st photo below) but I've read that it can cause issues as the larger hose isn't very flexible.

I have also seen the "floating" hose where a thinner, black hose or cable is connected to the gauntlet and ran through the larger hose. I picked up some smaller hose at Home Depot but the only way I could see to connect that smaller hose to the gauntlet would be to cut off the portion of the gauntlet that the larger hose fits onto and then maybe drill a hole in the gauntlet to feed the smaller hose into. Is there another way to do this with the WF gauntlet?

GH2.JPG

GH1.JPG

GH3.JPG

I don’t have WF gauntlets but I have MOW ones. What I did was go to my local hardware store and bought a black wire (like a outside extension cord) and ran that through the middle of my hose. I drilled into the resin block and inserted the wire. I then placed 2 metal pins through the block and the wire to hold it into place. Then my hose slips over that and gets attached under my sleeve. Once sanded down And painted you won’t see the pins.
I’m not sure if that’s something your wanting to do but just food for thought.
1CE5B4BA-226B-4D76-AD26-4C9086F49E39.jpeg

12CE0C02-A3F6-4AE2-AACC-9FAD73B4637F.jpeg

8CC6DDBC-9B00-4E5C-A70F-9FA1373EA4F9.jpeg

828DB35E-76DD-4416-8EC0-68B8E9F6E028.jpeg

3837DFE7-FD97-459D-B7C0-0557D875510B.jpeg

It sounds like you have the right idea. I’m waiting on my gauntlet kit, and my plan is to use a black audio cable with an XLR on the end that goes up the sleeve, and glue the other end into a hole in the gauntlet block.

I don’t have WF gauntlets but I have MOW ones. What I did was go to my local hardware store and bought a black wire (like a outside extension cord) and ran that through the middle of my hose. I drilled into the resin block and inserted the wire. I then placed 2 metal pins through the block and the wire to hold it into place. Then my hose slips over that and gets attached under my sleeve. Once sanded down And painted you won’t see the pins.
I’m not sure if that’s something your wanting to do but just food for thought.
View attachment 200742
View attachment 200744
View attachment 200743
View attachment 200745
View attachment 200741

That looks great and thanks for all of the photos! Definitely helps me to see each part and how you did it.

It sounds like you have the right idea. I’m waiting on my gauntlet kit, and my plan is to use a black audio cable with an XLR on the end that goes up the sleeve, and glue the other end into a hole in the gauntlet block.

I never thought of using an XLR under the sleeve, makes perfect sense though.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back