Wasted Fett Recasting MachineCraft Metal Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
Hi all,

After returning from a month's hiatus when my mom passed, I was a little caught off guard to find that Wasted Fett had began selling just about every part that I sell. Rather than engage with Nino to figure out if I did something to upset him or what his motives were, I just left it alone and let him do his thing. However, I noticed that his Jetpack Beacon had a couple unintentional tells that my Beacons had. Eventually my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to order a handful of his parts through a couple proxies and verify they weren't just copies of my work. After reviewing Wasted Fett's parts in person, I can without a doubt say that at least 3 of the parts have measurements copied directly from MachineCraft pieces.

MachineCraft Pieces Copied:
-Jetpack Beacon
-V1 Large Knee Dart
-ROTJ Flamethrower Nozzles
(Notice none of these pieces are found parts, thus they are not as easy to acquire the measurements for compared to say the Michell turntable pieces.)

Of these pieces, I spent the most amount of time comparing the Jetpack Beacons. I figured this would be the best part to use because nearly every measurement on this part was a result of me comparing photos of one of the screen used Beacons to a CAD model via a "canvas". What I found when comparing the WF and MCR Beacons, is that every measurement that you can get using hand tools (such as calipers and/or micrometers) were nearly identical to our part. Measurements that you cannot measure with common hand tools (such as chamfers and radiuses) are off, but close enough that there really isn't any question that they were a "best attempt" or simply overlooked. Rather than outright give exact measurements, I am going to copy and paste the "Difference" column from the comparison spreadsheet I compiled. I will be happy to work with the TDH admin team to confirm these measurements however they see fit.

Feature NameDifference (In Inches)
Body Width0.001
Body Height-0.001
Body Center Radius Width0.004
Body Top Hole Depth-0.004
Top Width0.001
Top Height-0.001
Top Thread Height-0.004
Top Nipple Height0.001
Top Slot Width0.001
2nd Slot Width-0.002
3rd Slot Width0
Bottom Slot0.002
Beacon Top Bottom Bore0.003
Nipple Width-0.004
Slot Height0
Y Distance Between Slots0

(In addition to these measurements, the thread sizes for both the top and bottom of the WF Beacon are the exact same as I used on the MachineCraft Beacons. This is significant because both of these are Standard (US) threads I chose, and neither of these thread sizes are accurate to the real OT Beacons.)

As you'll see in the table above, the difference between these parts is well beyond coincidence. It is frankly impossible to get this close to someone's work without it being blatantly copied. Most of the parts we do have a tolerance of .005" - .010" which is incredibly small for cosmetic parts. For reference, a sheet of standard sheet of copy paper (pictured below) is .004" thick - Most of these measurement differences are well under that.

IMG_1537.jpg

Copied Parts Comparison Photos:

IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1530.jpg IMG_1533.jpg

Given that I have spent a great deal of my personal time and effort to produce these pieces, it feels pretty terrible that someone I once considered a friend is not only bold enough to steal from me, but doesn't even remotely try to hide it. In addition to this thread, I am reaching out to members of the admin team to pursue a resolution as I believe there is more than enough evidence captured to prove malicious intent.

Dakota

Last edited:
Beacons are different, combination of rafalfett and imagination.

Knee dart measurements were taken from a combination of rafalfett and Fettpride knee darts

ROTJ nozzle measurements taken from Fettpride nozzles

don’t forget, Fettpride gave you all your measurements for everything else.

79A5337A-19F7-4904-A79F-053CEADE6CAB.jpeg
321099E2-1C66-469F-A6C6-C1F9E0CBFE7F.jpeg
4E7D6003-AB2F-434B-A265-47A7BDE529B0.jpeg

Knee dart measurements were taken from a combination of rafalfett and Fettpride knee darts

ROTJ nozzle measurements taken from Fettpride nozzles

don’t forget, Fettpride gave you all your measurements for everything else.

View attachment 215182View attachment 215183View attachment 215184

If you think anyone will believe that 'Imagination' gets you within literally a couple thousandths of someone's elses parts, then I don't know what to tell you. You omit a chamfer here and there and it makes it look just different enough in photos that I genuinely thought you might have done your own work - the caliper and comparator measurements say otherwise.

Regarding your claim about Fettpride's pieces. It's funny you say that because I'm well aware I originally had Fettpride pieces to base parts off of. The thing is, the Fettpride pieces were resin and VERY wonky. It was very common to get .020" to .050" swings in dimensions between parts. Yet your measurements are within .001"-.003" of mine. That is also not taking into consideration modifications I made prior to producing those parts.

Nice story though.

I dunno man they look different to me. The pictures are there.
And it is my work. I Learned how to use fusion. It was like 15 min of work for each of those parts.
My next step is to give out free cad files to everyone on my website so they can print out their own parts or even machine their own parts cus your stuff is just too expensive. That’s why I modeled my own parts.

I dunno man they look different to me. The pictures are there.
And it is my work. I Learned how to use fusion. It was like 15 min of work for each of those parts.
My next step is to give out free cad files to everyone on my website so they can print out their own parts or even machine their own parts cus your stuff is just too expensive. That’s why I modeled my own parts.

I would imagine it was indeed pretty quick work when you just put calipers on my parts and punched it into the computer. Looking forward to your exit.

Like what are you going to do when I come out with jetpack exhausts that fit the Fettpride jetpack?? You’re going to try and stop me from making a part that fit a product that I use to make? And then complain that it fits to well on the jetpack? Cmon Machinecraft. Even Fettpride came up with your name.

Actual machinist/designer here…
TBH Ninos parts looks different enough to me, including the size of the tools which look to have been used during the cutting process (doesn’t really matter but they do look to be different to my trained eyes), that id start to consider them different parts of their own. I certainly wouldn’t be shipping them interchangeably anyway..

Where these are relatively simplistic parts that have so few of what Id call “fixed reference dimensions” for which to do the rest of the overlay & re-engineering math work with, and especially being almost entirely goofy simple lathe work save the slots op in the becon top.. I’m a bit surprised out of the parts in your catalog rumored copied, its with such simplistic parts to compare at the end of the day

For instance, if you had a set size that you commonly used in the machine trade for which to set your OD at for the knee darts, then the rest SHOULD fall in if you do your re-engineering work thorough/good enough using said knowledge/experience .
Do you also happen to have an Elstree laser on hand as well through your proxies to do some side by sides with the 3 separate parts of the Elstree along side with the 3 parts built in your “MCR V3 rocket??

Im also curious how, if you are indeed starting to supposedly have access to what you are repeatedly calling “lineage dimensions” which you yourself say that that you cant show the proof/work on liketh scumbag FettPride of old, how exactly, if these “lineage dimensions” are indeed true, does that equate to you suddenly closing the gate behind you to anyone wanting to improve their own stuff or who happens to have a good idea through their own professional experience what those numbers should be?

All I think Im really seeing atm is a grown man, who from what I understand is neither a Machinist nor a CAD designer/engineer, and who has probably never actually put a tool to metal despite their username and how they present themselves to others, having a grand old and historically unsurprising hissyfit over what they bizarrely see as “their turf” being encroached upon when the cold harsh reality is that, unlike the various armor and blaster makers we have who get along and support eachother just fine, you’re yet again trying to keep the door closed behind you so that you can be the Fett Metal Monopoly Guy

As someone who views machining/design as a actual art, I just find it incredibly disheartening to see people act like this, and seemingly over nothing more than money…
Anywho, im curious to see how this goes

Last edited:
Actual machinist/designer here…
TBH Ninos parts looks different enough to me, including the size of the tools which look to have been used during the cutting process (doesn’t really matter but they do look to be different to my trained eyes), that id start to consider them different parts of their own. I certainly wouldn’t be shipping them interchangeably anyway..

Where these are relatively simplistic parts that have so few of what Id call “fixed reference dimensions” for which to do the rest of the overlay & re-engineering math work with, and especially being almost entirely goofy simple lathe work save the slots op in the becon top.. I’m a bit surprised out of the parts in your catalog rumored copied, its with such simplistic parts to compare at the end of the day

For instance, if you had a set size that you commonly used in the machine trade for which to set your OD at for the knee darts, then the rest SHOULD fall in if you do your re-engineering work thorough/good enough using said knowledge/experience .
Do you also happen to have an Elstree laser on hand as well through your proxies to do some side by sides with the 3 separate parts of the Elstree along side with the 3 parts built in your “MCR V3 rocket??

Im also curious how, if you are indeed starting to supposedly have access to what you are repeatedly calling “lineage dimensions” which you yourself say that that you cant show the proof/work on liketh scumbag FettPride of old, how exactly, if these “lineage dimensions” are indeed true, does that equate to you suddenly closing the gate behind you to anyone wanting to improve their own stuff or who happens to have a good idea through their own professional experience what those numbers should be?

All I think Im really seeing atm is a grown man, who from what I understand is neither a Machinist nor a CAD designer/engineer, and who has probably never actually put a tool to metal despite their username and how they present themselves to others, having a grand old and historically unsurprising hissyfit over what they bizarrely see as “their turf” being encroached upon when the cold harsh reality is that, unlike the various armor and blaster makers we have who get along and support eachother just fine, you’re yet again trying to keep the door closed behind you so that you can be the Fett Metal Monopoly Guy

As someone who views machining/design as a actual art, I just find it incredibly disheartening to see people act like this, and seemingly over nothing more than money…
Anywho, im curious to see how this goes

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the input. It is pretty obvious that your personal feelings towards me have conveniently made you biased enough to glance over some pretty hard facts. Thus, I am not going to engage with you - you had your opportunity to present your case regarding you calling me out for copying your work. I asked you publicly for clarification because I have nothing whatsoever to hide, and all I received was some emotional jousting followed by crickets.

I apologize if me producing more accurate parts and models has upset you. It isn't personal, and I've never lashed out at you when you've one-upped me in the past. You can continue to accuse me of gatekeeping and whatever you'd like, and tell everyone that I know nothing about CAD/Modeling/Machining - I've left you alone.

Dakota

Last edited:
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the input. It is pretty obvious that your personal feelings towards me have conveniently made you biased enough to glance over some pretty hard facts. Thus, I am not going to engage with you - you had your opportunity to present your case regarding you calling me out for copying your work. I asked you publicly for clarification because I have nothing whatsoever to hide, and all I received was some emotional jousting followed by crickets.

I apologize if me repeatedly outdoing your models/parts has upset you. It isn't personal.

Dakota
Oh? Repeatedly outdoing? Loll, What exactly have you “outdone” in your honest opinion? How was it outdone?
If you’re referring to the unfinished borden print I sent you back in Sept last year after ya begged me for it, again, it wasnt a finished print.
I was however laughing because they all still came out as junk parts… Im not gonna tell you why though because as you yourself said, you wouldn’t wanna help others improve their stuff
As the saying goes.. “If ya want something done right…”

How many selfless Boba Fett research threads you have in this forum my dude? I believe i dont see a single one where you aren’t somehow profiting off it.
You, MCR, seemingly only ever update “your designs” when you feel monetarily threatened from a position you frankly have no right to claim given your lack of professional knowledge in the field you’re trying to monopolize , and most of those are just copies or alterations of others work. Your original V1 ‘4 piece’ solid rocket was a carbon copy outside to FP’s rocket,.. and your V2 ‘3 piece hollow” copper head rocket was just you ripping off my 2017/18 3-piece hollow design I advertised but yet again was externally FP’s too, which dangerously edged towards digital recasting imho, all as a effort to shut the door on others projects
All my 3 piece lasers from v1-elstree 2020 however are all remarkably similar in design/size features all across.

Like I said in the other thread, I most certainly haven’t forgotten about you bud :). Im just not on your time table is all

Ill get back to you soon enough.

Last edited:
Oh? Repeatedly outdoing? Loll, What exactly have you “outdone” in your honest opinion? How was it outdone?
If you’re referring to the unfinished borden print I sent you back in Sept last year after ya begged me for it, again, it wasnt a finished print.
I was however laughing because they all still came out as junk parts… Im not gonna tell you why though because as you yourself said, you wouldn’t wanna help others improve their stuff
As the saying goes.. if ya want something done right

How many selfless Boba Fett research threads you have in this forum my dude? I believe i dont see a single one where you aren’t somehow profiting off it.
You, MCR, seemingly only ever update “your designs” when you feel monetarily threatened from a position you frankly have no right to claim given your lack of professional knowledge in the field you’re trying to monopolize , and most of those are just copies or alterations of others work. Your original V1 ‘4 piece’ solid rocket was a carbon copy outside to FP’s rocket,.. and your V2 ‘3 piece hollow” copper head rocket was just you ripping off my 2017/18 3-piece hollow design I advertised but yet again was externally FP’s too, which dangerously edged towards digital recasting imho, all as a effort to shut the door on others projects
All my 3 piece lasers from v1-elstree 2020 however are all remarkably similar in design/size features all across.

Thanks again for your input, Dan.

Like I said in the other thread, I most certainly haven’t forgotten about you bud :). Im just not on your time table is all

Ill get back to you soon enough.

I won't hold my breath.

I took some time today and modeled up WF's beacon using the optical comparator, and Rafalfett's beacon using his templates to show just how bogus this claim is. Here are the results of that.

The order from left to right is as follows: MachineCraft -> Wasted Fett -> Rafalfett

Beacomp2.PNG

Beacomp1.PNG

NOTE: You may notice the WF Beacon is a touch taller than my Beacon. What I realized is that the height of the mid-section of the brass top is all but impossible to get a square caliper measurement on. When I measured my own beacon with calipers, I got the exact figure that the WF beacon used for that measurement. Funny enough though, the overall height of the brass top (from the threads to the peak of the 'nipple', is within .001". If you remove the chamfers from the bottom of my brass top, the 2 would be near impossible to quickly tell apart.

I have removed posts by both ConvergenceProp and MachineCraft as they are derailing the topic of this thread. While you are free to debate those concerns in their own thread, the approach here borders on ad hominem.
Actually it was to point out MCR’s hypocrisy but yes, I can certainly repost everything in the accusations thread Dakota made for me along with my own evidence for recasting accusations against him regarding my own evidence of recasting against him.
Its really all kinda the same crap though so didn’t see why we need two threads for it

Last edited:
In response to "Knee dart measurements were taken from a combination of rafalfett and Fettpride knee darts".

I modeled all of the large knee darts tonight. I measured the MachineCraft and Wasted Fett darts using a combination of mics, calipers, and an optical comparator. For the Rafalfett dart, I just plugged in his figures from his templates.

The order from left to right is as follows: MachineCraft -> Wasted Fett -> Rafalfett

Kneedartcomp1.PNG

Kneedartcomp12.PNG

Every dimension that you can effectively get calipers on is within .002" ( 2 thousandths of an inch) of my part. The HUGE tell here is that when I referenced my own 2d print for this part, the WF dart is closer to my part than my part is to the dimensions on the 2d print, which debunks the "It came from a Fettpride knee dart" story. Apart from the slot and chamfer measurements being off (Because WF could not effectively get accurate measurements on those with calipers), the two parts are identical within an extremely tight tolerance range(+/- .002").

Here is a screen capture of the WF Large Knee Dart as the active body. The blue overlay is the shadow of the MCR Large Knee dart. The differences are razor thin, and this is with the image blown up. Once you shrink this down to a part that is just over 2 inches in overall length the differences are microscopic. Between this piece and the beacon, I feel the burden of proof has been more than fulfilled.

Kneedartcomp2.PNG

Last edited:
If you’re going to recast my pictures, at least try and get them right because I don’t have a chamfer on that part

FE4055C9-9749-4628-A637-5BA3861B14B4.jpeg

Attachments

• E1224AA6-387C-4138-BECD-F42402B2F341.jpeg
    E1224AA6-387C-4138-BECD-F42402B2F341.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 146
These are my measurements, are they yours too? A lot of it was based off rafalfett, but had to either be enlarged to fit the scale of the knee mounting bucks that I include with my knee armor and the scale of the entire unit. The depth of the front hole and the size was eyeballed since the rafalfett seemed to be wide

2112A3F3-7FE6-4629-8677-0372F2DD6BBF.jpeg
F235D6BD-D8F0-445A-824F-48DB5F3425C4.jpeg
DA39B5F1-99D4-4D15-8A23-85982EB1C28E.jpeg

If you’re going to recast my pictures

I modeled all of the large knee darts tonight. I measured the MachineCraft and Wasted Fett darts using a combination of mics, calipers, and an optical comparator.

See my last post for explanation on how parts were measured and drawn. I've quoted it right above this comment.

at least try and get them right because I don’t have a chamfer on that part

View attachment 215400

Chamfer.PNG

See red arrow added to your picture. This is a chamfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back