Vest fabric help

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
Originally posted by Ruffkintoy:

I got my fabric at Jo ann's fabric. It was called Casa satin platinum(thats the color) I was about $6.00 a yard regular price.
I used another gray material from walmart for the liner($1.00/yd) and a thin batting material for the padding.I'll try to get pictures of it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I made a vest last year, but now I want it with a different material. Is there any way I could jut sew the new fabric over the old vest so I don't need to redo the whole thing? Also, did you guys pad your vest? If so, did you use badding? My badding bunches up a lot and it's a pain to fix it.

remember cotton is your friend,,it breaths
padding just adds to the heat..
If you do use padding only pad the shoulders and the front..
leave the back unpadded..

I had padding all over and I refit my vest and took all the padding out of the back...weee it was at least 10 degrees different. I did a baseball event and it was hot that day..
Instead of being mr sticky back I was nice a dry but I will tell you the front where the padding is was blaaaaa..

I was in the supermarket and was looking at a package of Iron Board cover. 100% cotton, has the shine and the flexibility. I think it is worth looking into. The only thing is how and where to get more of it. An ironing board isn't that big. :confused

Iron board cover will not breathe. You can get cotton fabric, polished or "chintz", that looks similar to ironing board stuff, but will breathe.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back