TK-16602's ESB Boba Fett Build

Ok, guys and gals, it's the moment you've all been waiting for! I just finished my build, and I took some submission photos. I'd love your feedback before I actually send them in, so as to avoid a possible deferment. Enjoy, and thanks in advance!

1.JPG 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

You have what you need, but you have to clean up a few things. Putting Fett together for the first few times is alot of work and it takes practice to get it right. Who ever is helping you should also have a decent idea how it gets put together as well. My wife is pretty dang awesome now at helping me.

Let's start off with your collar and braid placements.

Your collar studs are not visible from the front, because they are connected towards the rear of your shoulds are not placed on top like the below reference photo.
It looks like you need to trim the front collar piece to overlap the rear and connect the studs on top of your shoulders.

c90aea792e8f92dbaffa43e69b3cd06f.jpg

To help make your braids look a bit more in place, just slide them to top of your shoulder armor or you can also tuck it under your armor to help keep it in place.

915b4db9d2dafd4059c9de8d9f747f0a.jpg

On a side note, there should be a gap between the chest pieces and the neck collar. But your vest look to short to allow to do that. The size of the vest is really exposing your drivers belt, which should be exposed fully like your is. You might need to consider buying a larger vest to gain the separation, hide the drivers belt and allow approx 1/2 inch of vest to show below the armor.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited by a moderator:
e484488c184d8377dde570d0058b5da0.jpg

When putting on your girth belt, it should be placed over the front of the cod piece and not above it. Then you layer your ammo belt on top of your girthbelt.
When placing on your ammo belt, place it about a 1/2 inch or so overlapping the girth belt. I usually use the top of my cod piece as a guide and I place my ammo belt right above that.
In addition, your belt pouches are out to far. Try placing them inline with your thigh pouches. The ammo pouches should sit almost on top of the thigh pouches. Once, I found the proper placement on my belt I used velcro to hold them in place and prevent them from shifting.

Hope this info helps you out.

Sent from my iPad

Right shoulder should be more orange, same as knees. Tighten up your g-string.

Edit: shoulder might be okay, it's hard to tell in the lighting. Overall it looks great!

Thanks for the tips and encouragement, guys! I really appreciate it. In addition to what you guys spotted, some other things were brought to my attention after also posting them up on FB. Here are the fixes I've made:

1) Trimmed the back of my collar, and moved up the studs to where they need to be. They're definitely visible from the front now.

2) As for the braids, I'll just be a little more mindful of the placement next time I'm taking photos, and make sure the photographer puts them where they should be; this time around, they got shuffled off to the side from getting dressed and/or posing.

3) Brought my ammo pouches inward so that they're more in line with the cargo pockets on the pants.

4) Tightened up my cod/kidney armor to avoid sagging, which not only allows the girth and ammo belts to stay positioned properly, but also to minimize the girth belt gap on the back. In these photos, I'm pretty sure the gap on the bottom strap was more than the CRL-allowable 6-8 inches.

5) Darkened the tip of the jetpack beacon so that it's black and not gold.

6) Hang the sidearm / holster off of the ammo belt next time instead of from the girth belt.

7) Added a lot more weathering to bottom of the pant legs.

8) Tightened up the thong strap.

9) Dirtied up / toned down the crest on the right breast plate.

10) Weathered my flak vest look more light gray than white.

11) Added the little red dots onto the sides of the thrusters.

If there's anything else at all that I'm missing, please don't hesitate to let me know. I really appreciate it!

Ok! As promised! I was feeling pretty confident after taking these, so I went ahead and sent them up to my GML already. Although official approvals are suspended until March when the elections are over, I asked for temporary approval for troops in the meantime. (Even one as early as this Saturday!) So, fingers crossed that everything looks good! However, if you guys see anything that needs fixed, please let me know. On a side note, my personal favorites are the two last pictures. Enjoy!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 7-2.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 11.jpg 12.jpg 14.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG FB.jpg 10.JPG

Thanks again for the encouragement, guys! It seems I may have gotten too excited too quickly with regards to approval. I'm still waiting for the final "fix it" list from my GML, but here are a few things that were already brought to my attention:

1) My shoulder armor could be dirtier.

2) The dent on my codpiece needs to be a little bigger.

3) My Man of War gloves are NOT screen accurate, and may not be 501st approvable. The undersides of ALL of the fingers should be gray like the glove; the white padding on the trigger fingers should ONLY be on the top, and NOT wrapped around to the underside of the finger tips. (A good reference of what NOT to do can be seen in the very first picture from the most recent set of photos posted above, and in the second picture in the set posted before that closer to the top of the page.)

4) I've heard that there may be some grumblings about the gap on the back of my girth belt, but I'll have to wait to hear what my GML says. As far as I'm concerned, I think I'm good, and I'll tell you why: As per the CRL, the gap, which, TO ME, is defined as the space measured between buckle tip to buckle tip, is to be between 6 and 8 inches. At first glance, it looks like the top strap gap is 7 1/4" and the bottom is 7 3/4". (Within CRL specs, right?) Now, look closer - take into account the fact that the true beginning of my tape measure is actually 3/4" to the left of the buckle tips, which would make the true measurements more like 6 1/2" and 7", leaving no question that my gap/s is/are well within CRL standards. I'd love to hear some feedback about this, because I'm curious about how other Garrisons and GML's interpret this standard.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure there's more. I'll update when I get the final word.

What's up, guys? Two days ago, I got word back from my GML that my submission was deferred (surprise surprise), but there wasn't as much wrong with it as I thought there would be. Here's what needed fixed:

Required Fixes:
• Waist pouches flaps are facing the wrong way
• Right shoulder should be more orange per the CRL picture
• Right knee should be more orange per the CRL picture• Wookie braids need to be moved up more on the shoulder/collar
• Straps at the ankle need to be weathered more to match the lower weathering.
• Button snaps on the ammo belt are in the wrong place per the CRL black text they should be "starting from the left" one snap on the second pouch & the 4th pouch
• Collar studs are to far back & should be positioned to rest at the top of the collar.

Surprisingly, he didn't say anything about my MoW Gloves, BUT, I have another bone to pick with Christian at MoW - I didn't notice that he sent the wrong waist pouches until I got gigged for it. What he advertises and what I got are NOT the same. His stock photo is 100% screen accurate, but when you look at it side by side with mine, you can see that they're different and incorrect:

Waist Pouches MoW Stock.jpg Waist Pouches MoW Actual.jpg
MoW STOCK PHOTO VS. WHAT I RECEIVED

So anyway, I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday, and completed the fixes. As for the "needs more orange" on my right shoulder and knee(s), I simply remedied this by taking my photos outside in natural light this time. The orange is there, but those fluorescent lights really washed out a lot of details all around. Once again, I took a new set of submission photos showing all the fixes, sent them in, and now I'm back to waiting again...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.JPG F.jpg

Waist Pouches MoW Stock.jpg

Waist Pouches MoW Actual.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.JPG

F.jpg

Ive purchased MANY things from Christian at Man of War Studios and found that hes awesome to do business with, All you have to do is contact him and explain the issue and he usually will take care of it. The reason Ive done all the business I have with MOW is because of his customer service. Good luck and looking great

Ive purchased MANY things from Christian at Man of War Studios and found that hes awesome to do business with, All you have to do is contact him and explain the issue and he usually will take care of it. The reason Ive done all the business I have with MOW is because of his customer service. Good luck and looking great

Agreed! Every experience I've ever had with Christian has been nothing short of top-notch. Of all the purchases I've made from MoW, this was the first time I ever had an issue. I just found this particular issue with the flaps a bit odd.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back