THXBOY's ESB WIP - Sierra Nevada Style!

Thxboy

Hunter
Well, I've been working on this a while but I'm getting into the nitty gritty and I figured I can cross post here at TDH.
My BHG build thread is here: Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

The goal is to build a 501st infamous Boba Fett ESB. As screen accurate as possible (a promise I made to Rob at Celebration Orlando).
I already have several costumes under my belt approved with the legion including some pretty challenging stuff so I know the drill pretty well, but Fett is a WHOLE other animal.

Step 1: I did ton of research and talked to a bunch of people.
Step 2: Find mentors. I contacted Rob P and Amy H (BHG DL) as my mentors from almost day one. Knowing that their opinion is largely
Step 3: LOOP IN MY LOCAL GML. Knowing that my garrison GML would be at least my Level 1 (Basic) approver, I run all progress by him as well. This should make approvals pretty easy (fingers crossed).
Step 4: Assemble parts, fit and ITERATE. I don't think anyone can get Fett right on the first try.

Challenges:
Proportion. As you'll see, Im Vader, not Fett. I'm 6'4" tall. I have an athletic build but the size gap between myself and Jeremy Bulloch was a lot. Probably 3-4 inches. This will create issues in maintaining the right proportion of parts and costume. Lot's of customization.

PARTS LIST

Bucket

Wasted Fett: Custom paint by Superjedi

Rangefinder stalk by MCR (machine craft replicas)

Softparts

Flightsuit / neck seal/ flak vest: Arkady on TDH

Gloves: Mike M on TDH (also waiting for Rob to do a run)

Ammo belt: Handmade Horror (scaled up 10%) Boba Fett ESB ammo belt pouches star wars 501st Mandalorian | Etsy

Boots: Imperial boots https://www.imperialboots.com/product/fett/

Toe spikes: MCR

Girthbelt: Centaur dyed by me Amazon.com : Centaur Non-Slip Mohair Girth : Horse Girths : Sports & Outdoors

Cape: Woodman on TDH (added 3" of length to standard cape)

Armor

Hero by WastedFett: Custom paint by Ryan R

Gauntletts (TBD)

Darts, Laser: MCR

Flamethrower (TBD)

Shin Tools: Original Patterson tools as base

Jet Pack

Base: WastedFett - painted by Ryan R.

Beacon: MCR

Thrusters, discs, vents : MCR

Harness: BigDane on TDH

Fat Blue Dental File: original parts from Hawk01 on TDH

Weapons

Holster: Original Nemrod
Sidearm: (TBD)

EE-3 FieldMarshal / Blaster Factory Webley kit with as many found parts as I can locate
Sling: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L857H88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Electonics

Chest lights: Fettronics using the Rafflalfett sequence Boba Fett Order Form - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards

Jetpack Beacon: Fettinator on TDH

Voice: MiComm Fett pack and Aker speaker. Will also add a mic.

EE-3 build. Started off with Fieldmarshalls Webley kit which is AMAZING. Had so much fun with assembly. You’ll absolutely want to pick up a bottle of gun oil for the internals and springs. They’ll be smooth as butter.

I tried using the “blue aluminum dye” method others had success with abs it was a total hit mess. I looked at lots of reference and opted to paint it satin black

Replica Unimax switches. Will replace with real deal eventually

looked at a lot of reference to get the right weathering on the rear scope clamp

Heiland Flash tube. Will replace with a replica MPP as soon as the new run starts.

A little gun oil and boom. That “thunk” is everything!

Landed a vintage 4x20 from a member here. It’s so much nicer than the replicas!

Got some white resin cast AMs so tile to paint the “67” and up level the greeblies

Next will be to take a chunk out of the stock but i want to get another clean walnut stock from FM first before I mail my baby girl.

Gave her a name. “Lucile”.

Also got my stylus brushes rom MCR and was able to finish up my 3rd shin tool! Once I get my cutting wheel on the grinder I'll have the 4th and be done with shin tools.

Found a #10 machine screw at the hardware store. Installed it and cut off the head. Fits into the paterson squeegee part fine but anchored it with some CA glue then electrical tape. Previous to that I used liquid mask and airbrushed the paterson part with some dark grey. I didnt let it dry fully and handled it rough which gave it some nice used details.

It looks like your Webley kit came with attachments on the bottom of the stock and pistol grip. Did you just attach these rings to those for threading the leather strap? My dilemma is that the 3D printed EE-3 I have on order, does not have attachments so I'm trying to find the best option.
Webley-Replica.jpg

It looks like your Webley kit came with attachments on the bottom of the stock and pistol grip. Did you just attach these rings to those for threading the leather strap? My dilemma is that the 3D printed EE-3 I have on order, does not have attachments so I'm trying to find the best option.
View attachment 206194
Yes. Rings just attached through the posts that are in the stock and grip. You’ll need to find something similar.
Funny aside. I ordered that same 3D EE-3 from Etsy that you show! I ordered it in November and the guy still hasn’t shipped it yet. I figured it would be a decent trooping blaster when I don’t want to carry the weight of the FM. When mine comes in i plan on rehabbing it a lot so I’ll post details on attachment methods and such

Yes. Rings just attached through the posts that are in the stock and grip. You’ll need to find something similar.
Funny aside. I ordered that same 3D EE-3 from Etsy that you show! I ordered it in November and the guy still hasn’t shipped it yet. I figured it would be a decent trooping blaster when I don’t want to carry the weight of the FM. When mine comes in i plan on rehabbing it a lot so I’ll post details on attachment methods and such
I ordered mine in late October and got notification that it shipped the week before last. It was supposed to arrive by the 23rd but isn't here yet. USPS is still playing catchup from the holidays so I expect it will arrive shortly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back