They have girth belts in stock - shipping now.

DHL delivered two brand new Girth Belts yesterday.

They are 100% mohair from what I can tell (tagged as such)..

will be putting em in dye today. Will let you know results.

I called them to place the order Donnie - that is how I was able to get two day shipping.

Without it - they said they would of shipped next week Wednesday.

Would love to post a pic - but I left my camara at my office...

I just finished cooking the two belts in a dye bath.

they came out great!

There currently drying flat now.

And now I have a belt that wont sag on my butt now.... :lol:

Will post pics when I get back to work Tuesday -

The brand name of the belts is Centaur.

Thanx for letting us in Stonerook. Just ordered my belt today online. Odd thing was there wasn't a charge for shipping only tax?! Oh well. Will post pics when i get it....Thanx again for the info friend!:cheers

I just ordered the same belt from victorycanter.com for 12.95- Haven't received yet but looks exactly the same. Check it out-

I just ordered the same belt from victorycanter.com for 12.95- Haven't received yet but looks exactly the same. Check it out-

The price is better, but they don't allow you to buy the smaller sizes for some reason. The smallest you can select is 40", even though they say it goes all the way down to 34" :confused

The price is better, but they don't allow you to buy the smaller sizes for some reason. The smallest you can select is 40", even though they say it goes all the way down to 34" :confused

try calling them - i didn't go through the web - I had the same problem.

as promised - the pictures of the dyed belts...

belt 003 (Small).jpg

One is a 34" the other is a 32".

(I'm keeping the 34" and the 32" found a home all ready)

I will be putting my extra large belt up for grabs once I get the measurements for it - it's pretty big though, hence me getting more belts....

Post Note:
I will probably have one more 34" belt coming in - so I will offer that too..

as promised - the pictures of the dyed belts...

belt 003 (Small).jpg

One is a 34" the other is a 32".

(I'm keeping the 34" and the 32" found a home all ready)

I will be putting my extra large belt up for grabs once I get the measurements for it - it's pretty big though, hence me getting more belts....

Post Note:
I will probably have one more 34" belt coming in - so I will offer that too..

Few questions:

Are the vertical pieces of mohair made of the same material as the horizontal mohair pieces?

Is this the color after they were rinsed and dried or straight out of the dye bath?

1. They are not the same "twine" as the horizontal,
I'm not sure if they are 100% mohair.

But they took the dye - if I pre-washed them in acetone, they probably of went darker... (i was rushed LOL)

(so there not 100% screen accurate)

2. They are rinsed and dried in this picture.

_____

I

Stupid newbie question. Is there a specific length of gap you need? For example if I am a 40" waist, do I buy the 40" one or is it more accurate to get the 34" and leave a 6" gap?

Stupid newbie question. Is there a specific length of gap you need? For example if I am a 40" waist, do I buy the 40" one or is it more accurate to get the 34" and leave a 6" gap?

Depends on how much it shrinks, also you have to allow for it to lay over the cod piece, few inches there....

That's why I ordered a few sizes - :lol:

Update:

The cross weave is COTTEN, not Mohair.

Wasn't too happy on how the cross weave appears on this belt, so I took it off and using the mohair from my overlarge belt, I re-braided in the cross weave.

Now it looks screen accurate. (will post a pic tonight)

I also found this site, http://www.ubraidit.com/ that sells stuff to braid the entire belt if you want.

You just have to come up with the right hardware.

But - I lucked out having the extra mohair belt, so I was able to re-fit mine.

I bought two belts from them and got an email that said that they were out of stock until 9/14, anyone else have this happen to them or anything similar. I also ordered from another place that someone else recommended.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back