The Grant McCune Boba Fett Helmet

I Stinking Love This Forum!! Such a good read!

When I decided I wanted to build a Boba Fett Costume the first thing I did was purchase the helmet. BIG MISTAKE! I wish I would have known this forum existed before my purchase. I purchased the GMH Cold Cast from Class.of.1984 on ebay and there is a lot of work to be done. However it is not so bad that I want to return it. I would rather take the time and build the skills on this first time helmet and use them for my next build. I am fortunate however that even now after doing the research I accidently picked the GMH and still would have purchased a GMH casting. However it would have been from FP. So...with all that being said, I may start a new thread and post the issues with this "re-cast" and show my progress pictures.
I can't say anything about the GMH helmets but the FP helmet I got from class of 1984 was fantastic. it was a cold cast aluminium. What was going on with your GMH?

Sent from my SM-N910T

I can't say anything about the GMH helmets but the FP helmet I got from class of 1984 was fantastic. it was a cold cast aluminium. What was going on with your GMH?

Sent from my SM-N910T

The GMH I got from 1984 was also a cold cast. It was morphed really badly on the dome and had a ton of air bubbles, the perspex block and topper were badly blemished. He told me that he accidentally sent me a B pull and offered me a discount so I feel he did the right thing. I wouldn't have minded the air bubbles but the morphed dome was pretty bad. It took quite a bit of work to get it to a decent condition. I've never seen an A pull from him but from what I've heard he is just a re-caster.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with yours. The helmet I got from him is almost perfect. Mine is an aluminum cast, I bought it on Etsy, he uses the same ID there too.
I'm just now getting started on mine. Do you have any pointers or suggestions?

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with yours. The helmet I got from him is almost perfect. Mine is an aluminum cast, I bought it on Etsy, he uses the same ID there too.
I'm just now getting started on mine. Do you have any pointers or suggestions?

I believe you mean cold cast...the process of mixing in bits of metal into the resin to give it the appearance of solid metal. I don't believe anyone is casting these buckets entirely out of aluminum.

Pointers? Why yes...Go study the helmet paint-ups on this forum from your favorite helmet painters. Most of the questions you may have will be answered there and if not just shoot them a quick message or comment. There are mounds of knowledge and mountains of talent to extract from in this forum.

hvacdon. If you check out the thread on my PP2 build you will see my paint-up progress from my Class of 1984 cold cast GMH. His helmets are not bad. His helmet may take some elbow grease to get looking right.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey NCC, checked out your thread. Looks like you getting close to finishing. Everything is looking great. Thanks for posting the pics, really good info for the your process...........Thanks

And interesting reado_O
ill now be working on lots more detail in my own helmet so thank you for all your pictures and mass of major information you legend

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back