The Builder ESB Build

Just a quick picture of a build we were doing of the lightweight version of the pluce 40 sidearm from Sidewinder.
Old style on top.
About the time it was started Art Andrews posted the new configuration of the gun so we reworked the kit.
There was a fair amount of surface fill and cleanup to do. Magic Sculp and then Bondo glazing and spot putty
worked very well.
Most important is the weight reduction of around 1/2 lb.with this kit. Every little bit ads up when trooping.
fullsizeoutput_2b0f.jpeg

Last edited:
A few shots from Celebration Chicago. Went as both Boba and Commander Cody. Also spent a day with Central Garrison friend Vader.

Last edited:
Question for you, did you use the fat or skinny dental file for your jetpack?
Hi mattman,
I went and measured the dental file on our jet pack. It is 3/8"high by 3/16"in diameter. You probably noticed that my first pictures of the pack show the file to be painted a blue color.At the time that seemed to be the color of choice. Later and somewhere in TDH there was a discussion of it being
closer to the jet pack green color and fading to a lighter yellowish tone near the top. After looking closer at reference pics. and ESB I changed to the
second colors mentioned. That change can be seen in the second set of jet pack photos with the black background in a later post. Updating is a
big part of TDH and is great for old and new builds. Hope this is helpful. Happy building!

Hi mattman,
I went and measured the dental file on our jet pack. It is 3/8"high by 3/16"in diameter. You probably noticed that my first pictures of the pack show the file to be painted a blue color.At the time that seemed to be the color of choice. Later and somewhere in TDH there was a discussion of it being
closer to the jet pack green color and fading to a lighter yellowish tone near the top. After looking closer at reference pics. and ESB I changed to the
second colors mentioned. That change can be seen in the second set of jet pack photos with the black background in a later post. Updating is a
big part of TDH and is great for old and new builds. Hope this is helpful. Happy building!

That's perfect, thanks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back