Superjedi's MF ESB for Miggs Fett

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi, Fett fans! I'm beginning what will be a milestone for me... my 60th helmet commission! o_O Where does the time go?
This one is a "sanitized" version of the lineage helmets we've seen over the past couple of years. The kit is from Minutefett and includes a set of resin ears. I received it from my customer, who did a nice job with the prep work before sending it to me.
This one will be done as a screen used ESB.
Since this photo was taken I've started installing some rare earth magnets in the ear cap, and have given all the parts a nice soapy bath in preparation for painting.
There will be much more to come!

20220118_165437.jpg

Not a big change in appearance here, but I have removed the ears and visor and given the helmet a coat of primer. I like to use Tamiya primer in the spray cans. It's really great, whether it's the regular surface primer or the fine surface primer.

Tip: if you've ever had paint peel up from a project after removing tape or other masking media, try hitting your helmet (or whatever you're working on) with a coat of "adhesion promoter" before spraying the primer coat. It helps a lot in bonding the primer better to the surface.

20220121_123609.jpg 20220121_123655.jpg

I airbrushed the first color on the back panels. I'm using Archive-X acrylic Dark Grime.
While I had the airbrush out, I did the RF ear parts, too. This is Archive-X acrylic Lt Earth.

20220122_073051.jpg 20220122_072923.jpg

Helmet looking great as usual. I’ll look into the Adhesion promoter, when I paint my helmet. Which for me will be spring time , as i don’t have a paint booth and today was 17 out.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back