*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

STRONG Return to form this week. Very strong. Literally can’t find a single fault.

So I think we’ve found that the problem with The Book of Boba Fett is…Boba Fett.

Last edited:
I have to agree. Best episode so far. The writing around this, Favreau knows along with Kloor but Bryce Dallas Howard showing she can craft heart into the stories like she did in Mando. All the Grogu moments were brilliant.

I really hope this crafts something good for Boba and we see them both, helmets on, fighting side by side in the kick-a$$ery way we all want. Please. LOL

I really liked the episode, love the new Mando ship and its speed, it reminded me of the moment the Man of steel first went for a fly!! However I have no idea what this has to do with the BOBF apart from the last 30 seconds!

I really liked the episode, love the new Mando ship and its speed, it reminded me of the moment the Man of steel first went for a fly!! However I have no idea what this has to do with the BOBF apart from the last 30 seconds!

I think they did the right thing. I'm glad they gave us a good look at what Mando is doing now, rather than just a single scene of Fennec asking him for help and him agreeing. This episode was a million times better than any other episode of BoBF so far. The opening scene alone, of Mando going straight SAVAGE with the dark saber just further established Boba's depiction as a weak, incompetent idiot. At this point I just want BoBF to finish so we can get Mando S3.

Last edited:
However I have no idea what this has to do with the BOBF apart from the last 30 seconds!
Say it along with me... world... building... ;)

Mando lost the Razor Crest. Obviously a bounty hunter crossing space on a starliner every episode would get old real quick.

They had to answer a question or two before he got to helping Boba fight the Pykes.

It gets back to what was discussed earlier. Do we just have Mando show up in a shiny new ship and not say anything about it, or do we show how it occurred. Which they did. It's the same as Boba's new backstory. How did he get out of the Sarlacc? How did he get his ship back? How did he just tear apart an entire Stormtrooper platoon... with a big stick? :)

Just different parts of the Star Wars puzzle that reveal the whole picture.

The episode with Asoka was very similar, an inbetween episode that focused almost entirely on a different character, and then furthered the plot.

I was against the Naboo starfighter idea... but... it kind of works. Not as roomy as the Razorcrest though. Kill only bounties from now on I guess. :)

I was against the Naboo starfighter idea... but... it kind of works. Not as roomy as the Razorcrest though. Kill only bounties from now on I guess. :)
Same, but I'm glad they took it and basically 'OT'd' it. They took the shiny new look of an N-1 and dirtied it up with cobbled together parts. I loved the little turbo attachment to the hood, even though it was a super obvious hot-rod reference in homage to American Graffiti. It did look a little silly, seeing Mando crammed into that tiny cockpit but seeing that thing tear down Beggar's Canyon. Awesome.

What I don’t get…. After his time with the sandpeople, when boba is nicer-cuddlier boba… he finds mando with fennic.

His first appearance on the mando show, he’s an angry, grouchy, cold blooded and merciless fighter that destroys squads of stormtroopers, blows up 2 flying transports full of troopers without batting an eye and without a scratch.

Next time you see him, he still keeps his helmet on the whole episode, walks into a bar and talks chit to bo katan, insults the other frmale mando, gets in a danged bar fight with her and tries to use his gd flame thrower ON HER!!!!

Through it all, doesn’t need to get to a bacta tank, and holds his own in a fight.

Then in tbobf he’s nearly a full blown pacifist, needs a bacta tank after every scrap, and is 1000% flipped from the badass he showed in the Mandalorian season 2.

It’s so inconsistent.

The Mandalorian has proven you can have a mercilessly awesome fighter, that is ruthless, but also relatable that the audience roots for.

For God’s sake, in this episode we have mando cutting off the bleepin head of a criminal and DELIVERING THE SEVERED HEAD as bounty, after killing everyone else in the room…. And you are still thinking of him as a good guy.

That should have been the same type of character we got with boba.

Having this full mando episode just drives it home

The Mandalorian has proven you can have a mercilessly awesome fighter, that is ruthless, but also relatable that the audience roots for.

For God’s sake, in this episode we have mando cutting off the bleepin head of a criminal and DELIVERING THE SEVERED HEAD as bounty, after killing everyone else in the room…. And you are still thinking of him as a good guy.

That should have been the same type of character we got with boba.

Having this full mando episode just drives it home
Exactly what I thought. I am glad that this episode put an end to the apologist's defence that "you couldn't make a protagonist out of "the real" Boba Fett!"

I'm sorry, but yes you can and yes they did exactly that with Mando. As you say, Mando was bada$$ in that opening scene, and there's no reason he can't also be depicted as a good guy/hero as long as the people he's killing are clearly established bad guys. This should've been simple to do with Boba if the series was about him actually trying to take over Tattooine as a crime boss and warring with rival crime factions but it's not.

I think the shows shortcomings so far are a mix of trying to do too much with the story and not really knowing what they want to be the main thread that runs through. You need that to act as a strong foundation you can build on. I guess the main thread is "Boba becomes a crime lord." But there's no how or why so far - even now, 5 episodes in.

Say it along with me... world... building... ;)

Mando lost the Razor Crest. Obviously a bounty hunter crossing space on a starliner every episode would get old real quick.

They had to answer a question or two before he got to helping Boba fight the Pykes.

It gets back to what was discussed earlier. Do we just have Mando show up in a shiny new ship and not say anything about it, or do we show how it occurred. Which they did. It's the same as Boba's new backstory. How did he get out of the Sarlacc? How did he get his ship back? How did he just tear apart an entire Stormtrooper platoon... with a big stick? :)

Just different parts of the Star Wars puzzle that reveal the whole picture.

The episode with Asoka was very similar, an inbetween episode that focused almost entirely on a different character, and then furthered the plot.

Well! I'm fed up with World building, that's all I here on another forum, I'm fed up with Boba being portrayed as a pussy, and although it was the best episode yet by some margin, its not good that it was all about Mando, on the Boba show! given what people are saying I doubt Disney will do a second series, because its been a bit of a flop and Mando gets all the praise.

Those that dress up as Boba, it would not surprise me if kids come up and kick you in the shin, because Boba is a joke !

I bet Mando saves Boba at some point as well, that will tell us everything!

Its been quite painful to watch up to now, and I keep saying this, but I hope the next episode proves me wrong!!

Please prove me wrong, I know Boba is not a pussy!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back