Silver Rattle Can Color Question???

Yessir, 1;1 mix, thinned enough to spray. I'll mix a few drops of each tomorrow and take a crappy cell phone pic if you'd like. At least give folks some reference.

I put a few drops of each on a piece of paper to mix and try to get an idea. I'll take a pic after it sits overnight. At first sight it still looks too grey, but we'll see tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yessir, 1;1 mix, thinned enough to spray. I'll mix a few drops of each tomorrow and take a crappy cell phone pic if you'd like. At least give folks some reference.

I put a few drops of each on a piece of paper to mix and try to get an idea. I'll take a pic after it sits overnight. At first sight it still looks too grey, but we'll see tomorrow.

Groovy!

When it comes to painting, the undercoat is always going to have an influence on the upper coat, that's why you shouldn't mess around after you put on your priming layer. Best bet would be to start over...

When it comes to painting, the undercoat is always going to have an influence on the upper coat, that's why you shouldn't mess around after you put on your priming layer. Best bet would be to start over...

Agreed! Gonna re-prime and try again hopefully this coming week. It's a learning process, All for the love of the game.

Greetings again. After re-priming, sanding and firing up the brand new airbrush kit, here is the humbrol 11 silver on the backpanels.
Here is how it looks now, Thoughts??

image_zpscchg2yzk.jpg

image_zpsypniarla.jpg

Try and get a daylight shot so we can see how well it sparkles, recent reports of the humbrol 11 state it coming out pretty gray. It's hard to tell in this pic right now ;)

Well, this is not a daylight shot, but I will try to do that if it is bright and sunny tomorrow, we are expecting rain the next couple of days. :(

This is when I started experimenting with another brand of transfer paper (Saral), the one I used prior to was not very good.

image_zpswxdaqozs.jpg

Here is a couple of outside shots. it is raining today so this is the best I can do for now.

image_zps18os4kcw.jpg

image_zpssveralxr.jpg

image_zpspgf4b4bq.jpg

Any additional thoughts?? Good/bad?? Should I continue or start over?? Help me dented helmet...you are my only hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back