Scratch building the AOTC helmet.

Can u show us HOW you made the helmets using pics as you go along or something??? I mean.....all of this IS helpful and all, but youhave to show us how to put the parts together and stuff like that. Check out how Antman did his Boba Fett helmet for and idea of what I mean. Thanks!

er... that's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? he doesn't HAVE to do anything. providing any assistance at all is more than a lot of people would do.

i don't think that this is meant to be a step by step guide as much as a place for ideas / discussion.

imo pointing at another thread and saying "i want something like that" is just rude.

Can u show us HOW you made the helmets using pics as you go along or something??? I mean.....all of this IS helpful and all, but youhave to show us how to put the parts together and stuff like that. Check out how Antman did his Boba Fett helmet for and idea of what I mean. Thanks!

Antonio: Welcome to the forum. You can find many valuable pieces of information and a wealth of knowledge in several fields. Not all of them can be found in one thread, but the search button will direct you to most of it.

I know that I personally have posted many progress threads on individual portions of projects, and read many others here. This thread is open to all who want to try and make their own version of the helmet. Not everyone will use the same techniques and materials as Antman, or me, or *.*.com.

youhave to show us how to put the parts together and stuff like that.

Your question is pretty broad. Parts? What parts? As far as this thread has gone is 3-view drawings above. There are some good ones up there. There is even another thread in the clone section with a pepakura model.

Where do "Parts" come from? Answer: From the drawings and you.

please don't cut yourself or glue your fingers to the table, but if you do, take pictures.

I haven't made much progress, but will show what I've done so far. From the front and side templates of the dome, I created a framework. You can see the framework on the underside of the dome in the first photo. I filled the framework with expandable foam and finished it off with body filler. It still needs some work. At his point I'm using the Kelleggs helmet as a base knowing full well it will be completely different by the time it's finished, but it helps me to have a starting point. As I build I will continue to refer to my templates and make adjustments as needed. From the templates I also built the fin and a starting point for the ears. None of the pieces are actually attached yet, just set up for the pics.

dome_1.jpg

dome_2.jpg

side.jpg

This thread looks very interesting. I'm tempted to have a go at this. Firespray's images look very accurate, thus are now in my hd for referance.

Very good motivational thread, Colnesix. (y)

I haven't made much progress, but will show what I've done so far. From the front and side templates of the dome, I created a framework. You can see the framework on the underside of the dome in the first photo. I filled the framework with expandable foam and finished it off with body filler. It still needs some work. At his point I'm using the Kelleggs helmet as a base knowing full well it will be completely different by the time it's finished, but it helps me to have a starting point. As I build I will continue to refer to my templates and make adjustments as needed. From the templates I also built the fin and a starting point for the ears. None of the pieces are actually attached yet, just set up for the pics.

That looks like progress to me! Beautifully done too. The dome is a crucial part of the model; you've got a great start.

Nearly done with mine, still a bit of work to do on the back, and some general tidying of lines and details etc
compareAM.jpg

no kellogs/hasbro ect used in these

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back