ROTJ vs ROTJ SE

Steveboski

Hunter
Quick question for everyone. I'm building a standard ROTJ and I've noticed a difference between the cod armor paint on the templates vs what is shown in the galleries. One is labeled ROTJ hero and the other SE (being the ROTJ for the most part). Almost every build I've seen on here seems to be using the SE paint layout which is what Raf's template lays out. Are they both acceptable for ROTJ?

://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/media/boba-fett-costume.3265/

Steve, So here is what I am doing. I am building the Promo Shoot SE. Which has the ESB helmet with all the extra damage. The chest armor is esb but painted up with the ROTJ paint scheme. I followed the ROTJ SE pics along with Raf's stencils. On the SE the left knee is the PP2 knee. The shoulder bells have some different weathering for the promo shoot but ROTJ paint scheme.
As for being acceptable for ROTJ check the 501st CRL.

Thanks for the clarification. The gallery indicated that both were ROTJ, so I was very confused. Big thank you for all your work, I reference it constantly.

Thanks for the clarification. The gallery indicated that both were ROTJ, so I was very confused. Big thank you for all your work, I reference it constantly.
The rest of the costume in that gallery is ROTJ, whoever gathered the costume from storage for display just grabbed the wrong cod plate. In every display of the costume there is at least one part that doesn't match correctly because the average person isn't as crazy as us. Best to reference movie source material to find out what parts are accurate, then use the gallery to find good close up parts from various exhibits.

The rest of the costume in that gallery is ROTJ, whoever gathered the costume from storage for display just grabbed the wrong cod plate. In every display of the costume there is at least one part that doesn't match correctly because the average person isn't as crazy as us. Best to reference movie source material to find out what parts are accurate, then use the gallery to find good close up parts from various exhibits.

That's not entirely true. The right chest plate is not the ROTJ Hero (it doesn't have a dent), the jetpack is from the ESB Promo #2 suit (the ROTJ Hero jetpack is on the AoSW/C-IV suit - or ROTJ SE), the left knees and the right gauntlet is from one of the ROTJ stunt suits:
ROTJ DaG vs ROTJ.jpg

That's not entirely true. The right chest plate is not the ROTJ Hero (it doesn't have a dent), the jetpack is from the ESB Promo #2 suit (the ROTJ Hero jetpack is on the AoSW/C-IV suit - or ROTJ SE), the left knees and the right gauntlet is from one of the ROTJ stunt suits:
View attachment 169968
I've never been to great at the differences between ROTJ hero and stunt, so that's helpful.

I was also under the impression that ROTJ jetpack and SE were different, but I know they used a few packs in ROTJ so I guess that confused me.

I really appreciate you guys lending your expertise.

Do we have a gallery for a complete ROTJ workup that contains closeups of individual components? Even if the gallery had to be shots from multiple exhibits where necessary, that would be invaluable to those of us just starting out. I'll admit that I'm pretty lost at this point, I've gone down the road pretty far on painting and I'm not sure I can rely on what any given gallery labels the armor. Especially now that the 501st is updating the crl.

RafalFett can you clarify the dent on the right chest is for the hero stunt or something entirely different maybe SC or one of the promos ? Which one should have the actual dent not just the damage for it ?

RafalFett can you clarify the dent on the right chest is for the hero stunt or something entirely different maybe SC or one of the promos ? Which one should have the actual dent not just the damage for it ?

Only the ROTJ hero had the dent in the right chest plate, the rest of the right chest plates are dentless.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back