ROTJ Jetpack Greeblie Discussion

Here's the measurement of my 3D model:
1623254701662.png

The printed greeble posted by Dom seems to be from my model.

Fett 4 Real

...and coming from you......for me anyways, all of which are welcome comments! Even the comments that may be perceived or come off as harsh, whereas I would see it as constructive criticism.
(y) :cool:

I think everyone has there favorite TDH members that they look up to, and you sir.....at least for me, are one of them!
:cry:

Going back to the measurements of the space that those greeblies sit in for the Boba Maker Jet Pack. I know tennantlim (another member I look up to!) has a Boba Maker Jet Pack and it looks like that he was able to get his to fit, and to me looks good...:unsure: And if his XLR connector in the pic below is a customized 3D printed piece, well....it looks real as heck!
View attachment 212305
I guess thats why I didn't second guess that an XLR connector wouldn't fit. I guess they're NOT all created equal, eh?

When I look at Boba Maker's site, I do see that the provided greeblies he supplies are like you say, not all that accurate. Which is why I'm on the hunt. Even BM's provided middle printed greeblie piece looks a wee bit large for the space (as does his BNC Connector).
View attachment 212306

I'll defintely update you all once I receive the jet pack from BM. Gonna be super bummed if this is all for naught though.

-Iron
All the greeblies you see on my pack in that photo are real! The XLR connector was something I found on ebay and fit perfectly in the space. Irongladiator The Cannon one looks good though.

tennantlim
I actually looked at yours and seen that "HF" symbol, but could only find a 3-pin version, apparently from Hengchang....
Tennantlim's BM ROTJ Jetpack.jpg

Hengchang 3-Pin XLR.jpg

So my only guess was that yours was pretty vintage. Thats when I posted here and Ord Mantell identified it as an "ITT Cannon" XLR 5-Pin. Thankfully like you, I was able to locate the vintage part! (y)

Now......will it fit?
:oops:

I'll let everyone know the verdict.

-Iron

Interested to see how well this fits. I got a 5 pin XLR and it was just a little too tall. I had to go a 3 pin instead. Mine is not a BM pack though.
Fingers crossed yours fits.

Hi Fettacini
I realized I never got around to answering this for you. Here is what I've been able to compile thus far....
View attachment 212218

To make it easier I've labeled them in RED w/Numbers and below provided some detail of the parts I'll be using.
Number in PicManufacturerPart NumberBought FromLink
1L-ComBAC260L-Com
2CannonXLR5-31-F77eBay
3Kuhnke50.061.02Bürklin
4Seismic AudioSAPT258Amazon
5Eaton8411K12eBay

Hope this helps!
:cry:

Regards,
-Iron
That helps a ton, I was able to order most of them from ebay and Amazon.. . But that darn quick connect, looks like I'll be placing another expensive order with Kuhnke. . .. sigh

I did some searching a little bit ago for the ones on the bottom as well. I found a lamp switch that sells the look, though yours probably is better. We can still see the switch on the jetpack when it is on tour so I tried to match what we see there. The port I found a black one on Amazon that I think is a better fit. It looks to me like there is a stamp in one of the corners of a logo which I was able to find a similar port that has one - assuming that what was used on the ROTJ stunt is the same as what is on Hero since we probably will never see a good picture of the hero pack with the port still in it.

Posted about it over here: Jet Pack - ROTJ Jetpack bottom greebles

EDIT: Looking back I think the port I found is similar to yours. Your link is broken, just sends me to Amazon home page, but the port you have in your first picture looks like the one I found.

Last edited:
I did some searching a little bit ago for the ones on the bottom as well. I found a lamp switch that sells the look, though yours probably is better.
BH-51512
I actually read that post on yours a bit ago and almost commited. But felt compelled to located a push button one. Thankfully I found one that seemed to fit the bill.

We can still see the switch on the jetpack when it is on tour so I tried to match what we see there. The port I found a black one on Amazon that I think is a better fit. It looks to me like there is a stamp in one of the corners of a logo which I was able to find a similar port that has one

EDIT: Looking back I think the port I found is similar to yours. Your link is broken, just sends me to Amazon home page, but the port you have in your first picture looks like the one I found.
BH-51512
I also have the Black one from Amazon too, I used it on another JP I have - But also ordered a second one for my Boba Maker JP and while it looks good, I was never in love with how it had the Neutrik logo on it. For my Boba Maker JP that I have on order, I went searching for another one without a company logo on it and found one from Amazon again from a company called Seismic Audio. This one is all silver, so I'll have to lay some black paint on it - which is not a big deal for me. The one thing I didn't like on this one is that it had blue at the bottom of the plug. BUT......Lady Luck was on my side for once and I was able to take both XLR's and swap the parts! I'm not sure if it is considered accurate or not, having the black bottom and brass prongs, but I like it way it looks, to me.....looks better than the blue back and silver prongs. Kind of a moot point anyway as I intend to have the actual XLR plug hooked up to the XLR Connector on the JP.
Seismic Audio and Neutrik Combo.jpg

Just need to give it that black coat and I think I'll be good to go! (y) Also, thanks for the tidbit on the broken link, I think I have it fixed now.

assuming that what was used on the ROTJ stunt is the same as what is on Hero since we probably will never see a good picture of the hero pack with the port still in it.
With the Return of Boba in "The Mandalorian" I was happy to see they still had those greeblies on the bottom of his pack!
:cool:(y)
Boba's Pack - Mandalorian.jpg

Cheers,
-Iron

Just curious, for a ROTJ Jetpack….do folks worry about having the “Jetpack Collar” that MCR offers? For the ESB Fetts out there I know it is a piece most like having as it shines! But on a ROTJ Fett it is painted with some minor scratching in a few spots revealing the silver underneath.

I’m just looking for opinions if you guys think it is worth the effort.

Thanks,
-Iron

Interested to see responses to this question as well. Since I’m likely going to replace my IB top greeblies. After seeing IB and machine craft parts side by side I’m now thinking what other upgrades I should buy. It’s not that the IB ones are bad. The machine craft ones are just so beautifully machined.

Attachments

• 2A9B25A5-8913-4BD5-89AB-579260713085.jpeg
    2A9B25A5-8913-4BD5-89AB-579260713085.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • 938ECEED-8D81-4A2B-BD67-CD1DA3CD29A4.jpeg
    938ECEED-8D81-4A2B-BD67-CD1DA3CD29A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Hello Fellow Fetts,
Just curious on the whole 501st wanting to have that fabled Blue Dental File in front of the stabilizer on the Jetpack. They say "As Seen in Film Era Visual References".
ROTJ - JP Dental File.jpg

Like most, I was hard pressed to find anything. I was able to spy this.....and is this what they are referring to?
ROTJ Screenshot - JP.jpg

I'm seeing what looks like that could be it? Or do we think that is mainly just a trick that the camera is playing on our eyes?

Thanks,
-Iron

Hello Fellow Fetts,
Just curious on the whole 501st wanting to have that fabled Blue Dental File in front of the stabilizer on the Jetpack. They say "As Seen in Film Era Visual References".
View attachment 213243

Like most, I was hard pressed to find anything. I was able to spy this.....and is this what they are referring to?
View attachment 213248

I'm seeing what looks like that could be it? Or do we think that is mainly just a trick that the camera is playing on our eyes?

Thanks,
-Iron
The heilman photos also show it.... its not any conspiracy to make you buy something

Funny, I already bought one, but am contemplating installing the blue dental onto my JP. (Mostly what I hear is “Don’t Bother”) But I was just looking for other opinions is all.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
RafalFett
Thanks for the clarification. it shall not be added then. (Thought I may have been on to something)

I'm sure you all noticed this, but also thought it was kinda funny that the Jabba Palace scene where Leia (in the Boushh Suit) brings in Chewy there is that scene where Boba flirts a little and when he walks away you can see his damaged pack there too. Obviously WAY before the Sarlacc Pit battle.
Screen Shot 3.jpg

....and also through movie magic and quick paced scenes, the damaged pack is also evident, the below screen shot is 1 milisecond before Han hits Boba's pack....
Screenshot 1.jpg

-Iron

So, I received my Boba Maker Jetpack last week and found that those panel greeblies do indeed fit. Now, it may not be accurate in terms of spacing within the panel. But I feel like it does the job and looks pretty good too!

Greeblies Holes Cut - Pic 1.jpg

Greeblies Fitted - Pic 1.jpg

Again, I'm really happy with how this turned out!
:cool: (y)

-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back