ROTJ cape question !

Real Scooby

Active Hunter
Today I was looking through several camping and army stores in my area for the correct shelter half.
I was pretty excited to find one with the correct stiching, but...

...the material had something like a rubbery finish and is nearly black on the inside... :facepalm

I know it is the standard shelter used by the austrian army, but I guess this is NOT the right.
What material is the correct one. Some cotton like, something like jeans ?

Any help is appreciated here.
have you seen Brak's tutorial?

I bet you have :)

anyways, the jeans like material you are reffering to is correct, it's called canvas, and it's exactly what you need for a ROTJ cape:)
Thanks for the infos. When using Brak´s tutorial with all the meassurments, I wouldn´t even need the tent.

Do you think I can find the corret material in any fabric store ?
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.