ROTJ (ANH SE) Helmet Paint Up By FamousFett

Another update, I also realised that the proper labeling for this helmet should be ANH SE helmet because I have been following the exhibition photos and putting that damage on, I had a little trouble with paint getting peeled off around the kill stripes so I'll go back in over the weekend and fix the green around those areas once the kill stripes have had time to dry. I am going to use liquid masking tape and just mask off the kill stripes and then paint the green back on.
20200806_201458.jpg
20200806_201507.jpg
20200806_201530.jpg
20200806_191635.jpg

The paint job looks more than great, but (sad to say this) the killstripe is too close to the red rim. The distance from the red rim is close to the distance between 2 stripes:
View attachment 196085
Yeah I was noticing that while painting the details:( I have another area of the kill stripes I think I messed up as well on the front. Oh well, live and learn I guess haha I'm just going to use this helmet as a learning experience, the next one should be a lot better because I have already learned quite a bit that I would do differently next time around

The Gallery (now called Media) is your best friend when painting or building your suit. Try this ==> Star Wars the Exhibition 2008-08-07 or this ==>Magic of Myth 2002-10-27.
Just a bummer that this helmet isn't going as well as my others, but this is my first time doing ROTJ so I'm just going to use all of this as learning experience like I did my first time painting the ESB helmet, I learned a lot from that and it helped me paint the ROTJ SE helmet a lot better :)

Just a bummer that this helmet isn't going as well as my others, but this is my first time doing ROTJ so I'm just going to use all of this as learning experience like I did my first time painting the ESB helmet, I learned a lot from that and it helped me paint the ROTJ SE helmet a lot better :)
Dont get too beaten up about it! I know thats hard. I d be mad myself...
But take Rafals comment as the praise it really was, despite the killstripe-positioning!

Alright everyone, so a little or I guess I should say, a big update haha. I decided to sand off all of the lill stripes and paint because I didn't like having those imperfections and I just couldn't live knowing it can be better lol. So I sanded everything off and re did the kill stripes, I'm really happy with how they turned out this time around and I think I got the color even closer this time. Hopefully the spacing looks better this time as well? Thank you for the advice Rafal!
20200809_192019.jpg
20200809_200706.jpg
20200810_094812.jpg
20200811_135725.jpg

They say that the world is led by the brave ones. While I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, I'm happy that you had the guts to redo the killstripes. It already looks great!
Thank you! Yeah I was worried about it for sure but I knew it had to be done, some of them still aren't quite wonky like they should be but I will take what I can get for now

Here is another update, I got the dome finished for the most part, still a few areas to go back and look for small scratches, and I also finished the blackish green areas above the cheeks. For the most part it looks black but under flash and certain lighting you can see that it has a slight blueish green hue to it. Probably needs to have a slightly even more greenish hue to it but overall I think it looks good.
20200814_124627.jpg
20200814_135555.jpg
20200814_135518.jpg
20200814_135438.jpg
20200814_135408.jpg

Attachments

• 20200814_135555.jpg
    20200814_135555.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 188
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back