ROTJ (ANH SE) Helmet Paint Up By FamousFett

FamousFett

Hunter
Just finished up the ROTJ SE but now I'm back in the saddle to try out my first ROTJ paint up! This is a ROTJ helmet made by Minutefett
20200801_173155.jpg
20200802_100311.jpg
20200802_101447.jpg
20200802_121521.jpg
20200802_130353.jpg

Pretty much finished the back panels, made a few mistakes with the grey misting over the silver before I put the green on and had to go back over it with more grey and it partially covered up the green on some spots, but overall I'm happy with it, just a lesson learned for next time
20200802_191410.jpg
20200802_191434.jpg
20200802_191629.jpg

Pretty much finished the back panels, made a few mistakes with the grey misting over the silver before I put the green on and had to go back over it with more grey and it partially covered up the green on some spots, but overall I'm happy with it, just a lesson learned for next timeView attachment 195636View attachment 195637View attachment 195638
FamousFett Dude! youre cranking 'em out like a mad man! Do you ... like... sleep or are you not familiar with that theory:unsure:?

Now that the shenanigans are out of the was... Is that the ESB-based RotJ?
Well, be that as it may... I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this one! (Dont forget the dreaded dental files :D)

FamousFett Dude! youre cranking 'em out like a mad man! Do you ... like... sleep or are you not familiar with that theory:unsure:?

Now that the shenanigans are out of the was... Is that the ESB-based RotJ?
Well, be that as it may... I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this one! (Dont forget the dreaded dental files :D)
Haha, sleep is a rare occasion for me some days. And I'm honestly not too sure about the details of the helmet, I just saw that minutefett had ROTJ helmets available so I wanted to try out a ROTJ paint up haha. And yeah I have been trying to locate some dental files, i would like to get 2 real ones if i can

The RotJ helmet has such different vibes from the ESB. I am soroft in a love / hate relationship with it. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I dont. And it is hard to pinpoint why each time. I guess the "like" part comes from it having a more "rough" look. More mitlitary in some way if you look at just the helmet. (Obviously, the entire EB suit is much more military-looking.)
Somehow the The paint colors remind me of soviet era military colors. It just looks a little more mysterious, thats all.

The dislike-part probably comes from the differences in Johnstons vs. Sandys work. I just like the overall picture as well as the details in Johnstons ESB much more. It just looks more realistic to me.

FamousFett well... im looking forward to seeing this one finished!

The RotJ helmet has such different vibes from the ESB. I am soroft in a love / hate relationship with it. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I dont. And it is hard to pinpoint why each time. I guess the "like" part comes from it having a more "rough" look. More mitlitary in some way if you look at just the helmet. (Obviously, the entire EB suit is much more military-looking.)
Somehow the The paint colors remind me of soviet era military colors. It just looks a little more mysterious, thats all.

The dislike-part probably comes from the differences in Johnstons vs. Sandys work. I just like the overall picture as well as the details in Johnstons ESB much more. It just looks more realistic to me.

FamousFett well... im looking forward to seeing this one finished!
I feel the same way about the helmet and armor. ESB will always be my favorite but what I do like about the ROTJ costume is boba has more of a 'bounty hunter' look and feel to him, he looks real rugged and I like that, the esb seems real uniform and military like.

This is looking good so far! :)
ROTJ Fett is my favorite looking, but of course ESB is the most iconic.
That's what tipped the scale for me to convert my BS helm from ESB to ROTJ, instead of just making it a better ESB.
And yeah, I've not painted an ESB yet, but the ROTJ paint job weathering details were a bear for me to get a grip on for some reason.
Finding the base colors was a snap, oddly.
Can't wait to see this finished!
I might have to hit up Minutefett for a helm/kit, and do up a proper ROTJ build now. : )

This is looking good so far! :)
ROTJ Fett is my favorite looking, but of course ESB is the most iconic.
That's what tipped the scale for me to convert my BS helm from ESB to ROTJ, instead of just making it a better ESB.
And yeah, I've not painted an ESB yet, but the ROTJ paint job weathering details were a bear for me to get a grip on for some reason.
Finding the base colors was a snap, oddly.
Can't wait to see this finished!
I might have to hit up Minutefett for a helm/kit, and do up a proper ROTJ build now. : )
Yeah the ROTJ damage is really scattered and everywhere and it seemed really overwhelming to me at first but once I got the main damage areas on adding the rest hasn't been too bad so far, ESB damage seems really thought out and placed in certain areas in a certain way but the ROTJ damage is just crazy and everywhere but I think that fits his look for ROTJ :)

Thanks! And no I've been using a metal scribing tool and stretching the paint away. So all of the scratches are exposing the silver underneath the green :)
I need to do that as well... makes me nervous. I have some dental tools/mechanics tools that I purchased at Harbor Freight, I believe they will do the scratches.... Just makes me nervous after all the work going in, that I might mess it up. Can I practice on yours? lol

I need to do that as well... makes me nervous. I have some dental tools/mechanics tools that I purchased at Harbor Freight, I believe they will do the scratches.... Just makes me nervous after all the work going in, that I might mess it up. Can I practice on yours? lol
Haha, just take your time on it and it should turn out fine :) and yeah sure lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back