Hello everyone! After 6 years of lurking on this site I'm finally ready to start my Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett build! The plan as of right now is to build the top half on Boba Fett for my display much like The Dented Helmet's CV Boba Fett Display. Me and the wife are planning to move to Florida in the next 8-12 months and once the move is complete I'll be able to have a full and complete display. Thanks to everyone so far who's helped me out via PMing and Facebook with those stupid questions I've had!
Helmet: FPH2 by Fett Pride FINISHED by superjedi
Metal Ears: MachineCraft and painted by SuperJedi
Light kit: Jc27 kit. *Needs to be installed
*Found Part* Polaroid sx-70 view lens * Needs to be installed
*Found Part* MQ-1 Casio Calculator circuit board* Needs to be installed
Armor: FP Armor by Fett Pride FINISHED by Ponte
Chest electronics: Fettronics
Knee Darts: MachineCraft
Gauntlets: FP painted by Fett 4 Real
Copper Rocket and darts: Machinecraft
*Found Part* Eveready Mini Light*
*Found Part* MQ-1 Casio Calculator*
*Found Part* Micro Mega Dental files*
*Found Part*correct momentary push-button switches
Some small advancements on my build! I purchased a MOW jetpack from Christian and that should arrive mid-September and I look forward to building and painting that myself! It'll be the first kit of any kind that I will prep and paint! I also bought a sidearm holster from Chris at Fett Pride and that'll also arrive sometime later September or early October!
Today, I got my ESB ammo belt from Mike aka Delta13Mike! Looks and feels great and the functioning ammo pockets are awesome! Very please and he's a great guy to work with! Here are some pictures!
Thanks! Now that the blaster has dried 48 plus hours its far less shinny than when I took that picture. I'm very pleased! You'll be seeing more of my build in a separate thread soon but I'll be updating this one as my progress starts on my MOW jetpack which will arrive late next week!
So between last night and during my lunch break I've found sometime to work on my jetpack! I gave it a long warm bath with dish soap and washed every piece and let them dry. I started filling in the release points on the back of the jetpack and gave each piece and the main body a slight sanding to smooth everything out and get rid of the mold lines. Over all it was an amazing smooth cast and easy for someone like me to prep. Tonight, I'll get my new dremel and get into the tight spaces and finish the sanding prep.
One thing I did mange to do successfully without breaking was I took Lou's ( Darth Voorhees) suggestion of sanding down the top of the piano key pieces to make for a cleaner fit once I glue them on! Worked out well after a few minutes with my mouse sander! Came out looking good and nothing broke!
I hope tonight I can have all the sanding complete and use the PVC method of attaching thrusters and have everything glued into place and attach magnets to the rocket to keep everything together!
Thrusters are in place using MOW's PVC method and top of the tanks, piano keys, and the top piece on the main body of the jetpack have been epoxied. I also epoxied the "wings" on the rocket. Tonight I'll finish the attachment method to the rocket and how to close the trap door on the back. After that clean her up and get ready for the first layer of primer.
Looks good. The jetpack is one of the only pieces I'm getting assembled and painted by someone else, so I'll live vicariously through you as you work your way through the process of putting it together and painting it. Keep posting progress pics
Made some decent progress on my jetpack! The main colors are all painted up and everything that needs to be attached by glue or by magnet is expect the thrusters. The color in the picture seems to make the jetpack a little darker than it appears in person.
So a big update on my Jetpack! Few layers of different silver type paints, quick sprays of different color sprays to get a dirty appearance and crayons for a grease appearance pretty much finish her up. I'm going to be ordering aluminum beacon and adjuster and currently have a dental file ready to be painted blue to be installed. I hope to finish adding the thrusters tomorrow and give her a good dull clear coat this weekend.